60 shallow reef

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish update: went to stone aquatics and picked up a bristle tooth tang (60F), flasher wrasse (60F), yellow coris wrasse (30L), green mandarin (60F). Boys are loving the new additions this morning!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Corals: picked up a blonde blue eyed b**** frag from Chad (prez) yesterday and walked away with blowpops, birdsnest, and two other frags to dbtc as well. Thanks Chad!!!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;360158 said:
Again sounds like u got some nice goodies!!
Getting there...always one more thing to add I'm afraid.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish died today: bristle tooth tang, yellow coris wrasse, flasher wrasse. Mandarin goby was way inside a cave in the rock work but came out healthy, strong, and full of personality.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;360310 said:
Fish died today: bristle tooth tang, yellow coris wrasse, flasher wrasse. Mandarin goby was way inside a cave in the rock work but came out healthy, strong, and full of personality.
So what died?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;360311 said:
So what died?
The tang and two wrasses. Mandarin has been looking well. Flasher wrasse died within 24 hrs of adding, tang died a day later, and the coris wrasse died this morning. Already contacted the store I got them from, water params have been in check for a few months now.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Multi Tank Syndrome: 60F, 3x20L, 30L, 20H, 40B, 10

Had a chalice that started to "melt". Tested params and alk was 2.05 and calcium was 380.
I dose with Kalk water mix that I add to my topoff. Might b time to get a 2 part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;360921 said:
Had a chalice that started to "melt". Tested params and alk was 2.05 and calcium was 380.
I dose with Kalk water mix that I add to my topoff. Might b time to get a 2 part.
Oh my that's really low alk!! Lucky that everything didn't die! Two part is real easy just added a doseing system to my nem tank. Better then having to test all the time for sure!!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;360926 said:
Oh my that's really low alk!! Lucky that everything didn't die! Two part is real easy just added a doseing system to my nem tank. Better then having to test all the time for sure!!
Anything I can do in the mean time while it ships? Read a few forums that showed on graphs for alk/calcium that both are low and I need to raise both.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;360928 said:
Anything I can do in the mean time while it ships? Read a few forums that showed on graphs for alk/calcium that both are low and I need to raise both.
Try not to raise it to fast! A wc might not be bad idea!!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Slow dripping 1 gallon of rodi mixed with 1/2 cup of baking soda. Got the rodi running now to make 30 gallon water change later tonight.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;360938 said:
Slow dripping 1 gallon of rodi mixed with 1/2 cup of baking soda. Got the rodi running now to make 30 gallon water change later tonight.
Now just be careful you don't drop the salinity too much!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

SkyShark;360939 said:
Now just be careful you don't drop the salinity too much!
It was 1.026 yesterday on a 100 gallon system and I burn thru 5 gallons topoff in 2-3 days usually.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did a series of water changes last week and tested last night:
Alk was 3.53 and ca was 470.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Dr.HarlemTutu;361211 said:
That seems almost impossible. Did you double check with someone else? Store or something?
I dosed very slowly with baking soda for two days until the alk got up, then did a 15 gallon water change this morning early (20th). I tested every 4 hrs (new baby keeps me up that much anyways) and it took till yesterday to get to 3.00 then the water change was early this morning (I was using Fritz salt, not sure if that makes a difference).