Club logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurrahfreak asked me to do some variantions, I just need to go find them. Here's another one I did, as I told Wicked I'm not good on ideas. Wicked you should do more of your own your first try was great. Just make sure to do your logos in the size you want the logo. If you have to resize that logo your text is not going to work unless you do it all as a vector.

http://i.imgur.com/apYWA.png

Personally I like when the logos are simple and recognizable by their shape alone. Just letters are good to support a good logo, but having a graphic that says MASC without words would be the way to go IMO. Doing so also makes it nicer if you ever want to do stuff like make awards, shirts, mugs, or whatever else.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;88992 said:
Here is an idea, we can get a cool logo like the one above, and then have a pic of the month contest, and the winner is placed as the background for the logo the next month?
any thoughts on this?

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
no, logo stays the same, but the background pic changes, and then after a year we can make a calender.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Personally I think we need one logo, we need something that defines us, something people can see and say "oh that's MASC". I like the more simple ones, personally I don't like "picture mashups" they generally look terrible with way to much going on.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gomojoe;89067 said:
Personally I like when the logos are simple and recognizable by their shape alone. Just letters are good to support a good logo, but having a graphic that says MASC without words would be the way to go IMO. Doing so also makes it nicer if you ever want to do stuff like make awards, shirts, mugs, or whatever else.
i like this idea but it would need to be more complex than something like the SCMAS logo ...i mean since we are making a big hooplaa about it and all ...lol

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;89088 said:
Personally I think we need one logo, we need something that defines us, something people can see and say "oh that's MASC". I like the more simple ones, personally I don't like "picture mashups" they generally look terrible with way to much going on.
i can agrre with this too as long as its not a generic looking logo that anyone can make in MS paint in 5 mins. type of thing

sugaree

Cleaner Shrimp
I personally like the fish shapped one by WrasseAttack. Not to discredit any of her other designs but IMHO they lend themselves better to letterhead than they would say t-shirts, decals, hats etc. As Gomojoe pointed out the club may be interested in doing these things at some point..

However, I am not saying the one I proposed is appropiate either but with the addition of imagery it helps creates a more identifiable logo at first glance as opposed to just type.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
well if we used something like that would it be possible to make the letters from pics of corals instead of the solid colors?

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;89088 said:
The pic idea wouldn't be a mash up, and wouldn't be part of the logo either. Either way my in put isn't going very far so you all have fun with this.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;89096 said:
The pic idea wouldn't be a mash up, and wouldn't be part of the logo either. Either way my in put isn't going very far so you all have fun with this.
so sensitive ..."Criticism is necessary and useful..."

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;89088 said:

i like the current one that shows club member status by our names but if we have to change it i stand by my first post.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;89102 said:
but it can never take the place of action, or be even a poor substitute for it.
how did i know that was coming ...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.