Club logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
dv3;89092 said:
i like this idea but it would need to be more complex than something like the SCMAS logo ...i mean since we are making a big hooplaa about it and all ...lol
See I disagree. Something simpler, that says something about colorado and the hobby would be awesome. Have images in my head just nothing I could put down right now. I mean something that is a simple line of a fish, with the dorsal fin being shaped like the mountains and then incorperating masc would be awesome.

Truthfully, if you want a fair vote on a logo you should not use the images that are incorperated into the vbulletin format already. People will always vote for the one that includes that additional imagery. Instead, let the "logo" stand alone when voting for it. That is when people can truely choose between the logo and the surrounding imagery. I think that is the key to a good logo. If it can stand alone on a white background it is the type that people will remember and that can carry on any background.

Additionally, a logo that is chosen without a background influence, is the type that would allow you to change the background image monthly. One picked out because of the photo behind it is unlikely to yield those same results.

sugaree

Cleaner Shrimp
Gomojoe;89115 said:
Truthfully, if you want a fair vote on a logo you should not use the images that are incorperated into the vbulletin format already. People will always vote for the one that includes that additional imagery. Instead, let the "logo" stand alone when voting for it. That is when people can truely choose between the logo and the surrounding imagery. I think that is the key to a good logo. If it can stand alone on a white background it is the type that people will remember and that can carry on any background.
+1

Gomojoe;89112 said:
See I disagree. Something simpler, that says something about colorado and the hobby would be awesome. Have images in my head just nothing I could put down right now. I mean something that is a simple line of a fish, with the dorsal fin being shaped like the mountains and then incorperating masc would be awesome.
That's stealing SCMAS's logo. If we're going to copy another club's logo let's at least keep it out of state lol.

If people have ideas throw them out. Even if it's done in mspaint, an idea is an idea and if we help each other we can whip something out that everybody will like(hopefully). I have to agree with Hurrafreak about the coral fish mashup. It started with the Reefcentral logo and lots of clubs copied the same look that we have now.

I agree with Sugaree about the fish shape logo, something like that would be easier to put on hats, tshirts.

I also like Aaron's idea and I like the logo. Implementing it will be hard though and once you scale the logo down to banner size, you're not going to see much of the picture. Cool idea though.

[attachment=59694:name]
WrasseAttack;89119 said:
That's stealing SCMAS's logo. If we're going to copy another club's logo let's at least keep it out of state lol.

If people have ideas throw them out. Even if it's done in mspaint, an idea is an idea and if we help each other we can whip something out that everybody will like(hopefully). I have to agree with Hurrafreak about the coral fish mashup. It started with the Reefcentral logo and lots of clubs copied the same look that we have now.

I agree with Sugaree about the fish shape logo, something like that would be easier to put on hats, tshirts.

I also like Aaron's idea and I like the logo. Implementing it will be hard though and once you scale the logo down to banner size, you're not going to see much of the picture. Cool idea though.
No stealing the logo is stealing the logo. I'm imagining something totally different, but incorperates the same things.

I have been working on a logo for the company I'm working with and this logo has inspired me. I imagine a logo with the mountains and a fish made of an outline like this. Very simple. Way more simple than the scmas logo.

I just think that a logo that is nothing more than your name isn't much of a logo. I mean unless your facebook and can use a generic logo against a colored background it won't stand out. Even with facebook, I'll bet you could emulate their logo and use different font's and even slight changes to background color and people would not know the difference.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What happened to the logos that were posted yesterday, the ones with the Zoas and the sunburst behind the C in Masc? Those were the best out of the bunch?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gomojoe;89115 said:
whoa! ...theres going to be a vote?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
projectx;89125 said:
What happened to the logos that were posted yesterday, the ones with the Zoas and the sunburst behind the C in Masc? Those were the best out of the bunch?
different thread

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;89128 said:
whoa! ...theres going to be a vote?
Yea but only non card holders get to vote !!!!!!!!

Gomojoe;89120 said:
View attachment 2041

No stealing the logo is stealing the logo. I'm imagining something totally different, but incorperates the same things.

I have been working on a logo for the company I'm working with and this logo has inspired me. I imagine a logo with the mountains and a fish made of an outline like this. Very simple. Way more simple than the scmas logo.
Sounds cool, do it.

I have only looked at one logo. Very nice. I've gone to workshops and done battle at work on logos. HUGE issue, always. The best thing I learned is does it reproduce well small as well as large?? And then to keep it very, very simple. Hand drawn ones never look good with few exceptions. Thank you to those who have worked on them. They are a huge amount of work. You might need (read, do this) double check the finalists against registered logos to be sure some jerk doesn't go after the club on copyright infringement. If I can help on the later, let me know. My guess is the grand poobaas of the club probably have a good sense of logos that are similar/problematic, The mom

Status
Not open for further replies.