MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
300 DD build and fundraiser

I'll have to see once it comes in. I know I don't have 4" now and the depth has been fine with me.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

Just placed an order for 4 lbs. of PC-11 epoxy. The depot sells the stuff but it was $20 cheaper on Amazon. Should be here Wednesday. It begins to harden in 20 minutes and works underwater. Makes me glad I never permanently set the live rock the first time. Now I get to do it the way I wanted to in the much wider tank.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

Any suggestions for an easy way to plumb in a brute to do water changes. I have submersible and external pumps so anything is fair game.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

MuralReef;253801 said:
Any suggestions for an easy way to plumb in a brute to do water changes. I have submersible and external pumps so anything is fair game.
You talking about an auto water change thing? Flip a couple switches and valves and "presto chango" ...

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

Yup I just don't know how to plumb it or set it up?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Maybe a closed loop thing for mixing and a valve that can divert water to the tank. Then another valve in your manifold for the waste water? Just brainstorming here... Never done anything like it.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

I would definitely be interested in taking a look.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
He's snoring while 'watching' Blue Planet at the moment, but I'll talk to him tomorrow and we'll figure out a time for y'all to swing by. His system is pure genius. Water changes are 10 min tops, and our water changes are 55 gallons. Some of it is shown in one of my threads, but it's a lot better in person.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I will be ordering a Reeflo Snapper to upgrade the pump. This will more than double my turnover rate, use less power, and be quieter.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Dart ordered. Should ship Monday. Super excited to more than double the flow on the build!