MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Doc Tutu is dead on. I had family come in Wednesday while in Greeley and we plan on hitting Grand Lake for a few days. I'm going to put them to work this Thursday though. Should be able to get the stand painted, plywood for the base and top cut and painted and take stock of the plumbing so I know what I need to get to set it up. Dart should be in about Wednesday too.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Got to school for a couple of hours yesterday and got the stand painted and wood cut. My refurbished Dart also came in. I will probably spend most of tomorrow there since I can't get in today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Here is the stand. Bottom still needs finish cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

Plumbing tomorrow. Should be ready for the transfer on Saturday! Will keep you posted. Anyone want to help?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Looking great man!!!!! That's going to be such a killer tank for the kids!!!!!! Are you straight up swapping the contents of the other tank to this one? You not going to get the new sand in first and at let it settle?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I really don't have anywhere for the livestock to hang out while it settles. I have a 120 that I was planning on using to hold corals and fish while I fill it but I don't know if its enough space. Maybe I can pull everything Saturday, move the tanks, fill the new one, let it settle over night, and move everything in on Sunday?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Are you reusing all live sand and rock from current tank? I really think you should use a temp tank for the fish and corals and let the for sure mini cycle occur before putting any livestock in.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I will be reusing all of the live rock and probably the top layer of sand. I will also be reusing my sand from my fuge. I plan an rinsing the new sand to eliminate most of the dust. I am guessing that I will have a mini cycle but since most of what I'll be using is cured I think I'll be fine. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I guess I still would let everything settle and cycle before I added the livestock or at least any fish. Jmo though I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think you will be all right I reused all my water sand rock when I moved and lost 1 fish out of 60 and one coral. The stuff was out of the system for 12 hours

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Try to do a 100 gallon water change tge day before the move and take the 100 gallons out of the old tank put it into the new tank with the new sand that your going to be adding with a heater and a power head in there

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'd let it sit for a bit with the new sand as well as a few lbs of new rock. The longer the better! I'm going through a pretty good diatom bloom now. Plus 1 on the large wc with the water from the 120.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Sorry my post was a little confusing. I won't be adding new LR only new sand and based upon how much sand I saw in your tank Doc it will probably be a somewhat shallow bed maybe 2-4". I think what I will try to do is place the LR in the tank and let it rest overnight Saturday and add the fish Sunday morning. On the up side I got enough salt today and the plumbing should be done tomorrow.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Dr.HarlemTutu;258856 said:
Get a couple bottles of seachem stability!
I have to get some locally. School starts Tuesday and I want the transition done by then.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MuralReef;258862 said:
Plumbing is done! Saturday is move day! Any help would be appreciated.
What time you thinking and what part of aurora is the school? I have to work Saturday, but might be able to swing an hour of your help pending location and time of day.