The DR.'s 215 build!!! Finally... :/

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

You can see the diatom algae but 4 happy clams! Some coral is having a hard time with polyp extension. I got some stability today and things do look a bit better every day.

The wife gave the go ahead to do a nice stand wrap and hood to match our antique furniture!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Looking good buddy. I like the idea of matching the furniture. How strong are those magnets you got?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I just ordered doors for a hood and cabinet from this place.file://localhost/Users/michael.lemke/Desktop/Wood%20Cabinet%20Doors.webloc
I got three 22x28" shaker doors, 1 20x28" and 5 flat panel doors for the hood, each are 12x22". They cost less than $300 shipped! Ordered them in cherry wood. I'll build the cabinet and finish them. I think it'll cost about $500 total. Plus a total pain in the aS$ for a couple of days! lol Super stoked!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Oh no!!!!!!!!! Dang it I'm sorry to hear of this Lemke. :D do you have a tank you can use as a temp tank that you can stabilize to keep the rest of the corals from doing the same?

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;259233 said:
Oh no!!!!!!!!! Dang it I'm sorry to hear of this Lemke. :D do you have a tank you can use as a temp tank that you can stabilize to keep the rest of the corals from doing the same?
If not Mike I have a couple new 40B you can borrow if needed.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thanks people. I think the damage is done and the tank is back in line. Thursday night things started to cycle... 1ppm ammonia. I got a bunch of prime and did water changes. Back in line now but some corals couldn't pull through. I loved that Cali tort! Almost 15" wide. Maybe some if it will pull through. :(

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
At least the clams are all good, and the new stuff I got from gonzo! Tuff corals, go get some. Fish all fine, lps seem ok. Tests all good. I think all damage is done!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
WHEW! I'm amazed that the clams are good. I thought for sure they'd be the first things to crash. If it gets wobbly again, tho, lemme know. I'll do whatever I can to help (deliver spare tanks, temporarily house corals, equipment, whatever).

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So I also had a ph problem. My calcium reactor in the sump was leaking co2 into the tank. My ph was 7.4! That's why the fish didn't really care and the corals are smoked! Like all the sps are gone, 90% anyhow. I had to step back today and think.

In a good note, I got the bathroom almost tiled. Nervous energy! Haha

Now, do I sell this tank because I don't need the space? My wife suggested getting the most bad ***** smaller (100 gallon or so) tank $ can buy and call it done. Or do I use the space to buy a ton of killer coral, the hunt is sometimes most of the fun. My 120 was so full I had no opportunity to get coral for the last year or more.

Opinions please?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you PH is that low then any kind of calcium carbonate will turn to mush very quickly - rock, clam shells, etc.. Make sure that whatever you are using to check the hydrogen ions will work right with ammonia in the tank before you adjust it too much.

You have to let it finish cycling before you even think about something else - except for upgrades, you can think about those instantly.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Two part but don't bake the baking soda inhave a spare dosing pump if you need it. Or kalk on a dosing pump. Tess can get it for you