2018 Reefed growout contest PC Rainbow

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
In a bad spot and will always be hard to get so will
Have to plan during water changes in the future. Here’s my crap pic. @scchase what light do you have this in? Mine seem pretty bland for color wondering if I have it to high.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
July 10th

July 2018
by Jodi, on Flickr

Scrolling through the Flickr stream, it looks like it has grown a tiny bit longer since I got it. No real noticeable growth this month, though it does seem to be preparing to do some branching in the bottom third.

Meanwhile, the last grout (in the background) has developed 3 new branches. That coral grows awesome, and this one stalls out. What gives?

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
*Meanwhile, the last "grow-out" - not grout. Thanks autocorrect.

Its the tall coral with blue tips in the upper right of the picture. I can scroll through the stream and clearly see the growth of the yellow tip, the pink plating monti, the purple pocci, and the green whatever-it-is. But this PC Rainbow? No dice.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Forgot to come on and update the other day.

I’m out. Had a wave maker go down and had to replace it - none of my acros appreciated the flow change. Lost 4 corals in the area, while the montis and pavona growing next to them continue to thrive.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Almost forgot about this I need final pictures by 11/15/18 to be eligible to win.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Little skin on top but doesn’t seem like it’s going to make it thru the transition from zeovit to algae reactor.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Not entirely sure what to do with this one, ideas participants? Perhaps roll over prize money to next SPS growout?

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I feel like that would only work if all the same people were involved. I say if everyone is interested, we all pay the fee of the sps frag but don’t have to pay the extra that would go towards the payout.