37 Gallon Oceanic at Home finally

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Well not yet but I am gathering equipment faster than I think my wife thought I could. Here is the plan so far.
The tank
View attachment 21797
Reef Octopus HOB skimmer
One Tunze 6015
Another to be determined but probably the same.
I'm planning on drilling the back for one of these. View attachment 21798
I'm also going to drill 2 returns to use a SQWD that I have laying around.
The sump will be a custom build since the tank is an odd size and I don't want to use a 10 gallon tank for a sump. I'm actually looking forward to trying my hand at working with acrylic.
I have a 250 watt HQI laying around that I will probably supplement with some LEDs to add some blue. I'll update as things come to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What is the status of this my friend. What do you need for it. Have you bought a skimmer yet because if not i may have a solution.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I picked up a reef octopus HOB. What I really need is a custom sump for inside the stand and an overflow kit. It'll get there but it's going to be a slow process.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I have a hang on the back too but if I ever hope to have the wife's endorsement to do this again i need to take my time.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'll let you know tomorrow I picked up a stomach bug and haven't been up all day.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;334834 said:
I picked up a reef octopus HOB. What I really need is a custom sump for inside the stand and an overflow kit. It'll get there but it's going to be a slow process.
Ya forgot that part. Brahaha let me know if you need help.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
FishTV;334858 said:
Interior cabinet dimensions?
The front opening is 16" but the inside is actually 22". There doesn't appear to be a way to take apart the stand without destroying it. So I would probably have 16" x 15". Not sure how tall though. My plan was to put the HOB skimmer below on the sump.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I am planning on a 250 watt HQI running 8-10 hours. Would 2 t5 HO bulbs for supplemental blue be overkill?