911 HELP in Fort Collins ASAP need water and to quaranteen my fish asap

My whole tank is crashing. loosing everything. I have a blenny and two black clowns in a bucket right now. Call Emily 221-0531/214-4894 asap. I need to tear down my tank, and could use help asap. Apparently the tetracycline dose, just one, through the whole tank out of balance. The mo

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Put a heater and air stone in the bucket with the fish and they should be ok until you figure something out. Also a power head for some water movement if you have one.

I would help but Ft. Collins is pretty far....LMK if you don't have others chime in and we can figure something out.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My ten gallon is trash now but if you get a 10 gallon i could hook you up with a filter for it and some pumps.

A salt bucket or a clean bucket from Home Depot will work with a powerhead and a heater. Petsmart and Petco have premixed saltwater if you need fresh saltwater.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You might also call D&G and see if they can help you out. i wish I could, but I m in lakewood.

I have the survivors in about 2.5-3 G of tank water in a Home Depot 5G bucket for now. Many thanks to both D&G and Great White as well as MASC. The water is very cloudy in the tank right now. I put the protein skimmer in the bucket, but don't see the point of the heater this time of year. I just parted with my 10G tank about three weeks ago. My daughter was way upset this morning when we saw a peppermint shrimp on the sand bed. At the time I was sure it had just molted. When I came back this early morning with about 7G of RO/DI water the tank was crashing. Blenny CPR was successful. All due to one dose!! of tetracyline for our new clowns. If we make it Sunday to the club meeting, DO NOT BRING IT UP. PLEASE. We are loosing pets, family and other transitions right now. She was really sad this morning about the one shrimp, so you can imagine what loosing a whole tank would feel to her, The mom. PS. I think it still would be vital to our clown and blenny's recovery if someone could take them for what, 2-3 days until the tank settles down. PM if able to help out.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
sorry about your tank i really hope it works out ...but we really need PICS BRAH! of this blenny CPR or it didnt happen

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;100182 said:
sorry about your tank i really hope it works out ...but we really need PICS BRAH! of this blenny CPR or it didnt happen
I think it looks a bit like your avatar

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i was just curious how you give CPR to a fish that doesn't breathe oxygen as we do ....lol

Ah, caterpillar, you have to have Norwegian ancestry. It all boils down to being forced fed lutefisk over many generations and the coping skills you are imbued with. May the torsk be with you. The mom.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i knew lutefish involved some nasty prep ..didn't know mouth to mouth was part of it .....lol

I was too optimistic last night. This morning we woke to fish and inverts dead or very close to death. I had to put everyone in my first tank. Guess there still isn't enough bio load yet even though I mixed water and rocks. The blenny has revived. The black clowns are being chased by the orange perks in tank one which they are all sharing. I got a shock from the heater in tank two and the one pump isn't working. D & G and Elite, please check MASC for this post and cross posts. I'm pretty upset--too upset to call and the moment.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I don't have any space for the fish but I have a spare heater and pumps that you can use until your back up and running. And I doubt this helps because it's such a small tank but I have a picotopyou can borrow that has filter lights heater. But it's only 3 gallons so I don't know if that would help.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I am confused. I thought you put them all in a bucket. It sounds like your tank is cycling and that may be why the troubles? But again I am kind of confused on the events that have taken place.

Hope all works out for you. You might think about getting a breeder basket thing from petco or petsmart to separate your clowns so you don't end up loosing any of them. I would use that until he other tank settles down.

That would be wonderful. Any chance you could bring them to my house? I just came back from the LFS and Chad thought I should completely change the water again. My back is not in good shape to say the least from breaking down the tank yesterday. The mom

I meant to send the last reply to the heater and pump guy. On the post right before me. I put the fish back in their tank last night thinking everything was resolved. It was not. Have had two rounds of deaths and close ones with my tank two. If there is a Fort Collins viewer that has a breeder basket I could borrow to isolate the clowns, please let me know. I would dearly love it if a Fort Collins/Loveland person wanted to come over and help me do a water change--28 gallons of it that would be most welcome. I'm walking like a hermit crab right now due to my back.