LazyK

Cleaner Shrimp
Anyone in Loveland...HELP.
I am in need of salt mix tonight.
I did a water change on Sun. and forgot to plug the top off system back in. I haven't gotten home until late every night since and just found an almost empty sump. I don't want to flood the system with fresh water. I need to mix some water asap and I used the last of my salt. My new order won't arrive until tomorrow.
I will gladly pay top dollar for salt mix tonight.
Thanx,
Shawn

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
if not i think i have a half bag so about 25g of reef crystals...but im in longmont at 10:15 tonight.....

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have sone

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
970 222 5623 if u want to call

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

LazyK

Cleaner Shrimp
Thanks guys. Just got back from petsmart. They had a 25g box of instant ocean. Not my first choice but it's an emergency. Three days of evap is about 12 gal.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Correct me if I am wrong but if it was evaporation you want freshwater not saltwater. Salt does not evaporate with water.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Of course I do learn something everyday...... :)

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;138989 said:
Might be a little late, but you will want to check your salinity to make sure you're not causing a disaster
+1 Didnt even catch the evap part:)

Yep. Be careful. You now have water that has a very high salinity. You want to slowly bring it back down by adding fresh ro/di water. You are right not to want to shock the system by adding a huge ammount at once so if your corals and fish are loking fine add it a little at a time over a couple of days. Adding salt water wont lower the salinity (much) and will keep levels too high