Apex Guru's

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
On my EB8, outlet #5 is stuck in constant on. I've tried various programs, tried programming it to just say "Set OFF", tried "Set OFF, Fallback OFF", still in constant on when I plug in a lamp or a 150w MH bulb and ballast. I try using fusion to manually turn the outlet on and off, still just stays on.

Is my outlet #5 fused on or something? Any tricks I could try to reset the EB8, but not lose any of my outlet programming (the other 7 outlets work perfectly). I suppose I could always just plug in my fuge light since I leave it on 24/7 anyway....but I was hoping to use outlet #5 for the 150w halide.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
have you tried just sliding the status slider to off? does it turn off then? Do you have your apex fusion dashboard locked?

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Moving the slider around has no effect, just stays on. Fusion dash is unlocked. I just tried manually shutting it off with the display module and that also did nothing. Just on all the time!

static reef

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Did you buy the apex used? If so, you might have a virtual outlet controlling that 5 slot.

I know you are trying to find a local answer first, but apex has the best customer service and support I have ever had in my life. If you can't troubleshoot soon I woulld give them a call.

Not to i sult your intelligence or experience at all, but I would recommend pluging any balast and large returns into your 4th and 8th slot of your eb8. (Not sure if you know that they provide a larger electric feed than the others.)

Following along to see what other advice guys have.

static reef

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
TheRealChrisBrown;646406 said:
Contacted Neptune and they want me to send in the EB8, which isn't very practical since the Apex controls every aspect of my system.
Lol. That figures. My next assumption was that it was faulty equipment.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Their advice to me was to buy a new EB8 at $160, swap it out for mine with a faulty outlet and send it in. They'd figure out what the problem is, charge me to fix it....but then I'd have a fully working backup.