apex or rke?

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
My headunit for my rke met an untimely end last night (don't ask) so I am trying to decide whether to replace the head or just go apex what are eyeryones thoughts on this it is almost as much to replace the head as to buy a whole new rke and have extra pc4s and such but ive been thinking going apex are they any easier to use than rk? I know their wireless is much better

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: apex or rke?

if you go with apex I would be interested in your working rke parts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
apex or rke?

Love my Apex. Don't care for my rkl, the elite might be better, but I personally wouldn't buy another reef keeper. For basic controller function, my rkl works fine, but I really like being able to program in all the conditions I use with my Apex system.

tlo25

Turbo Snail
I guess the question is what are you using it for? I have a RKL and it works like a charm but all I do is Temp control, Dosing, Refuge light, and ATO. It stays down in my basement fish room, all my display tank lighting and pump control is done upstairs with their own controllers. If my tank/sump were together and I wanted to do crazy stuff like storms, lunar cycles, ect. or use strange things like humidity and light/motion sensors I'd think about an Apex.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have an RKE but personally would probably have done an Apex if I had it to do over again. If you have the money to switch I personally think you should.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run both the elite and apex. I personally like my apex more reason being is I can program it from my phone at any time. Don't have to pull out the comp or whatever. I use it frequently actually. Not sure what all you can do with rke on a net module since I don't have a net module. But anytime I need to change something it's a pita cause I have to get out the laptop and hook into it to make changes on the rke.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I was kinda leaning to the apex but I figured I would ask. It looks like my rke made it through its working now but I am buying a new one since I really dont trust this one now. I have not tried any of the remote features with the rke I mainly use it for temp control aux light control and moon lights right now in the near future I plan to add the standby programs for feeding not sure if I should turn off my skimmer while I feed. How well does the rke do waves all I have now is koralias I'm sure they pry dont work well with them? as in my other post I'm planning on uprgading the powerheads think I may do the wp40's has anyone tried them with the rke?

lsaint

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I Went form a RKL to a apex and I love everything about my apex. ya you spend a little more but you get so much more then DA offers

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I don't know about apex cs. Never had to use it. But RK was Ok. Took me a while to get a hold of someone sometimes. But apex has an awesome forum for support. I go onto their forum fromTapatalk just to read it.

Sent from Earth

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
apex or rke?

Apex customer service is top notch I love mine I still don't have it completely setup I haven't had time lol

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Sounds like you better get an APEX to hang out with the masses, but...... I hear all the cool kids use Reef Angels :D