Aqua Scape (acrylic rods)

Roxborough Reefer

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am in the process of starting a saltwater reef aquarium. For the aqua scape, I have watched YouTube videos and saw individuals using acrylic rod to put in drilled holes in the rock. Where have you sourced your acrylic rods from in the Denver metro area?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Driveway markers at home depot. They are fiberglass not acrylic, but just as strong and reef safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I got mine at Plasticare over on Oxford and Santa Fe. They aren’t expensive if you prefer the acrylic to the fiberglass that Zombie recommends.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya plasticare ftw. Although the club has a ton of neon colored acrylic rods you can purchase too if you want. Can't see the color once they in the rock anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MASC mobile app

Djmm1177

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
+ 1 for plasticare I’ve got a large ziplock bag of chunks left nothing over 8 inches I would give you but I’m in Loveland!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya plasticare ftw. Although the club has a ton of neon colored acrylic rods you can purchase too if you want. Can't see the color once they in the rock anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MASC mobile app
not sure diameter, maybe a bit over 1/8" inch thick. Generally sell them as pointers for frag tanks, but no reason they couldnt get cut to small pieces and used as pins. We been charging $2 per rod, which is about same price as plasticare
View attachment 12766

Roxborough Reefer

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
not sure diameter, maybe a bit over 1/8" inch thick. Generally sell them as pointers for frag tanks, but no reason they couldnt get cut to small pieces and used as pins. We been charging $2 per rod, which is about same price as plasticare
View attachment 12766
I think I will try to go to Plasticare first and take a look. Where would I buy egg crate styrene?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

gmate

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
View attachment 12766
Can you bring a bunch to the DBTC next weekend? I would love to buy some as I have quite a bit of aquascaping to do in October...