BAO's camera housing

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just recently purchased their camera housing for taking pictures and it arrived on Monday of this past week. I haven't been in town and just recently broke it out to test it out. I'm really impressed on the craftsmanship of this product. I like the sleek design of it, how is securely mounts to the camera and how your able to adjust the tube on it for how far deep it goes into the tank.

Here are some of the pics I grabbed with it just messing around. I heard macro-micro lenses are the way to go if you want to get up close to them, anyone confirm on this? The last few pics are with an orange filter on it. Let me know what you guys think of the pics.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Nice, those look great.

NickP

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I have the same camera tube and like it a lot. I can confirm that a macro lens will get you very up close. So close sometimes that I need to buy another lens as I can't get colony shots with the macro. Love how natural your pics are! Let me guess your using a Canon? What orange filter are you using and are you using anything else? I just don't have the skills to get my pics natural like that and have the coral look like I see it yet. I'm using a amber and UV filter with a Nikon 7200 and a Tamron 90mm macro.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the same camera tube and like it a lot. I can confirm that a macro lens will get you very up close. So close sometimes that I need to buy another lens as I can't get colony shots with the macro. Love how natural your pics are! Let me guess your using a Canon? What orange filter are you using and are you using anything else? I just don't have the skills to get my pics natural like that and have the coral look like I see it yet. I'm using a amber and UV filter with a Nikon 7200 and a Tamron 90mm macro.
Sweet now I know what to ask for Christmas! I am actually using a Nikon D3300 and I wasn't using any orange filters on the shots except the last two where you could tell the orange strip was and just a regular lens with auto focus. I have a weird lighting going on in my tank lol, but running T5's only. I've read up on some things about how to take pictures of fish/coral in an aquarium and they you want to be straight over the top of them and centered. If your taking a picture from the side use a tripod so your level and shoot straight into the tank not at an angle.

NickP

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Sweet now I know what to ask for Christmas! I am actually using a Nikon D3300 and I wasn't using any orange filters on the shots except the last two where you could tell the orange strip was and just a regular lens with auto focus. I have a weird lighting going on in my tank lol, but running T5's only. I've read up on some things about how to take pictures of fish/coral in an aquarium and they you want to be straight over the top of them and centered. If your taking a picture from the side use a tripod so your level and shoot straight into the tank not at an angle.
Are you able to get the camera to white balance with the t5's? I can't get the Nikon to do it with the leds. Pretty sure that why my pics don't look as natural as yours.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I honestly couldn’t tell you. I just point and shoot. Have you tried getting an orange filter to put in front of your lense? With the LED’s you could put all white on with some blue to help pop the color out.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Are you able to get the camera to white balance with the t5's? I can't get the Nikon to do it with the leds. Pretty sure that why my pics don't look as natural as yours.
Pretty much all SLRs are not capable of white balancing correctly for blues, esspecially for LEDs. I know with my canon I have to manully adjust the white balance as none of the presets are even close, but easiest way to get it is to get a yellow lens filter for the lens

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member