Best in-sump protein skimmer for up to 125-150?

Hey everyone! Well it's about time I add a protein skimmer to the mix, looking for the best all around in-sump that can handle 125-150 gallons and that's not too pricey, let's say $250 tops...? Just looking for your opinions. So far from what I've read, Octopus 110 or 150 is pretty good. What about Aqua C Urchin Pro? Anyone have any experience with those? They are supposedly the smallest fingerprint. I've got limited space in my sump/fuge.

Thanks everyone!
Wes

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would also recomend Elite reef and the SWC, that is what I run and love it.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I highly recommend the SWC one from ELite. Talk to CJ. He'll take good care of you.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
120greefman;89725 said:
Here you go. Won't get any better than this for the price. I have one on my 120 and it is more than enough.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1962565
I have one of those as well, I need more fish to keep up the bubbles though. Where do I get the 1" injector?

I was wanting to try the swc, want to help fund my swc purchase? I have an AquaC EV 180 I could sell, hehe

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you are going with the SWC, I think you would be looking at the 180 for your aquarium size. I have been happy with my Octopus 110 and my ASM G2, but they are both over sized for the applications. I still haven't tested my Avast DIY Cone. Make sure you are checking gallon rating, operating depth and dimensions to make sure whatever you get meets your needs and will fit. I would also check thescmas.com and see if anyone has anything there.