Biocube !4

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
I had one of those in my tank...it would sting the crap out of snails but eventually it was impossible to find. I never figured out what it was.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Majano? Or however you spell it.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
WalkPrazz;181371 said:
I turned off my lights and waited for the unidentified thing to open, thankfully I was able to get a decent picture.
I would guess its about 5cm in diameter, this thing is extremely tiny.
View attachment 8366
Corallimorph anemone Psuedocorynactis sp.

Possibly Psuedocorynactis carribeoreum.

Some people like them some don't. Some consider them pests...we have a couple in one of our tanks and I am not too worried. Alot of different color varieties. I think they are pretty cool looking.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Walkpraz;181467 said:
Would you suggest I leave it?
Ours are next to zoas and shrooms and don't seem to bother any of them. I am ibtrigurd by them so I am leaving the ones we have. I don't believe they are a nuisance like aiptasia or majano nems.

I was inspecting my newly added live rock today and to my surprise found this small Bristle worm. I have been told that they are beneficial in small numbers but always like to get feedback from MASC.
Any comments or recommendations would be helpful!
[attachment=62158:name]

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bristles are good. They just eat the crap on the sand bed. Just be careful if you see a big one, 6"+. They might be able to take out a sand sleeping fish.

Drew

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;182197 said:
Bristles are good. They just eat the crap on the sand bed. Just be careful if you see a big one, 6"+. They might be able to take out a sand sleeping fish.

Drew

Agreed! Good part of the CUC IMO

Hello all,
Due to school starting I have not had as much time to post an update regarding my Biocube. Despite the end of summer I have continued to make progress on the tank and FINALLY I'm posting an update. Also please excuse the horrible pictures, I don't have much tank photography experience.
First, my Diatoms came my cycle went and my Diatoms then slowly but surely died off. After my water parameters were in check I added a small frag of bight green zoas.
[attachment=62638:name]
They have not been the most successful but seem to be fairing quit well.
Shortly after I added a small blue green Chromis, this guy is around an inch long. He is absolutely awesome, super friendly, a great eater, and seems to be very content with his current environment.
[attachment=62639:name]
After adding this fella, I added a Red Mushroom frag with only one mushroom atop it within two weeks after adding it it split to become 3 mushrooms. I am very pleased with this. I then added another small colony of watermelon zoas, these are the newest addition to the tank.
[attachment=62641:name]
Being a fairly new tank I am still having occasional green algae outbreaks, but these are manageable in size.
I am doing weekly water changes of 2 to 3 gallons just for good measure.
My current parameters are
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 1ppm
77F
Calcium 380 - 400
PH 8.1
Happy Sunday!

Oh my godness, just walked by my tank to find my Blue Green Chromis has passed. I am completely dumbfounded by this event, the Chromis was swiming well eating like crazy and all water params. are great, then 20 mins. later he has passed. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would like to resolve this if possible and dont know of anything that may have caused this. PLEASE HELP!!!