Bulb Placement

I've searched RC for an hour and can't find the GrimReefer post on the ATI bulb placement. Anyone remember this or running the same bulbs?
Front to back -

1. ATI Blue Plus
2. ATI Purple Plus
3. ATI Blue Plus
4. ATI Blue Plus
5. GE 6,500K Starcoat
6. ATI Blus Plus

Dawn and Dusk are bulbs 2 and 4
Daylights are all 6
Then I have seperate LED Lunars for a few hours

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure if you have the bulbs already our not. I am running six bulbs 80w and I am using 3 blue plus and 3 coral plus. I really like the color combination. It gives off a nice crisp white with blue tint. I used to have a 6500k and 20k with the blues and it was a but too yellow for my liking. I tried the purple with the old lighting group and took it out. Grimm has so many posts on RC, so I see how it could be hard to find.

Yes, I received the bubs today. I played around a bit but the above order seems to look the best as far as color. I'll pick up some supplemental LED from Reefkoi I hope and that should balance out some more white. This is a popular combo of bulbs, I just couldn't remember the order. I think reefermatt has these but he is obviously hard at work! Love having Fri, Sat & Sun off!!

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Get ai sols. Any color combo you want haha

I didn't get them yet... I got in over my head on comittments this weekend. I had family fly into town and staying with us unexpectedly, had to finish a shed build and work on a bathroom remodel, etc. I'm going to beg and plead with Reefkoi to see if I can run down there on Wednesday. Sounds like he has exactly what I need. The new ATI bulbs look good, but produce quite a bit of heat. I may have to go chiller soon. This bulb color combo really brings out the phosforescence in the corals.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad to hear you got your bulbs. your combo sounds about right to me, I really like a purple and a blue in my dawn/dusk positions. Sorry I didn't hop in this pose earlier, have been crazy busy as of late!