Columbine Reef FOR SALE thread #2

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jason, what time are you planning on being at the school tomorrow? I can't remember if you said 10, 11, or 12. I have a ton of errands to do tomorrow (almost all fish tank related), and am trying to plan out the day.

Re: Columbine Reef FOR SALE thread #2

her said tomorrow he was going to be there between noon and 4 i believe

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Stzim

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Columbine Reef FOR SALE thread #2

Jason,

Thanks so much! My son and I are enjoying the frogspawn, shrooms and palys.

When the bug hits you to get back into reefing, please look us up. We will be glad to return the favor.

Go Rebels!
Steve & Hayden

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Steve. The bug hasn't left me, so I am sure I will be back one day soon, just at my house this time.

LR all picked up, along with the mushroom rock. We're putting it into our tank now, and I'll post pictures once everything clears up.

Thank you so much for doing this.

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
They did go with the anemone--in fact, they refused to leave the nem when I pulled it out and both laid on top as I put it in the bucket. It was a sweet three-for-one catch.

All livestock is sold--until May/June when I will break down the student tank in the back room.
I will clean up and list the equipment as soon as I can.
Thanks everyone.
JW

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Rebel;236451 said:
They did go with the anemone--in fact, they refused to leave the nem when I pulled it out and both laid on top as I put it in the bucket. It was a sweet three-for-one catch.

All livestock is sold--until May/June when I will break down the student tank in the back room.
I will clean up and list the equipment as soon as I can.
Thanks everyone.
JW
Jason

It was nice to meet you. Thanks again for the stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Alright, so the orientation in the tank is definitely different, but I think I managed to not to crush anything by changing the position of rocks. Here's a shot of the full tank:

[attachment=64134:name]

Probably 50% of the rock in there is from the Columbine tank, the rest pre-existing. I was just starting to get some good development on some of the lace rock turning into live rock from the bits I previously had. The remaining LR from the high school is in the sump, and it is pretty full as well.

Here are what I'd consider the "showpiece" rocks from what I already had and what was obtained from Jason. I apologize ahead of time for the washed out light. I really should just turn it down to the actinics and shoot again. Also, This was pretty soon after I put stuff back in the tank, so not everything has really "recovered" yet from the culture shock of switching tanks and water conditions, etc. Since then, everything has puffed back up and bloomed back out and is feeding wonderfully. Also, the remaining green algae that just won't give up is visible. Ugh.

[attachment=64136:name]

Jason, thank you so much! This was a treasure trove of LR/livestock goodness.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Rebel;236451 said:
Haha awesome