Cube build!

Tajjo

Butterfly Fish
So I figured this time around I'll go ahead and make a build thread. I already have the tank which is something like a 24" cube not reef ready. I'd like to make it rr but I don't know if I want to go through the extra troubles.

There's also a 20somethingish sump no fuge. Im not sure of what skimmer I want to go with. I was thinking the sro-1000 int. Any recommendations?

As for lighting, I plan on buying a AI sol blue.

For water movement Im going with a rio that has 3xx gph. Not a whole lot of water movement, so I have an mp10 and/or a mp40. I'm thing the mp40 will be more than enough.

Almost forgot, this will all be ran by an apex which is on its way today.

What will he be keeping your wondering?
Anything I want! Mostly sps and lps. :)

I'm also thinking of the rock work I'm trying to achieve, I want to try to do a version of keys islands show tank. So not a lot of rock with lots of shelvs.

THINGS I NEED:
Overflow box or a good idea for one
Sand thicker reef grade
Flat lr. Shelving shaped.

Glass-holes.com has great overflow kits. I am amazed at the design of mine. Super quiet. Blows anything else I have seen away. I have drilled a couple tanks too and it's easy.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tripple T;129383 said:
Glass-holes.com has great overflow kits. I am amazed at the design of mine. Super quiet. Blows anything else I have seen away. I have drilled a couple tanks too and it's easy.
Sweet site thanks for sharing.

Tajjo

Butterfly Fish
Jamie no way this is going on a shelf at 50something gallons. Although it would be cool.

I've heard a lot from Tony about Cody's tanks.

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;129400 said:
I'd love to see some pics ;)

For shelves, could you make your own?
Yessir - pics.

Regarding live rock shelves, they can be easy to assemble with a marco-rocks type of mortar....just take a collection of smaller/medium rocks and mortar them into a big one of a pleasing shape.

Tajjo

Butterfly Fish
Ive been putting thought into that, or epoxy. Well all I can do now is show you all a pic of my basement in progress. Once I finish it is when the magic will start.

Tajjo

Butterfly Fish
I think I'm just going to get the AI module. It's cheaper than the apex attachment.

Aaron, that would have been nice to know bro, I'm almost done. Texture is being sprayed as I type. Unless you do carpet?