daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
looks awesome so far

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: deboy69 310 Gallon-ish easier to ask for forgiveness than permission build

Need some suggestions of others trial and error. I am going to be enclosing my fish room and framing it in shortly. Any suggestions on what to use and what not to use for anything.?
The cement walls will be framed and items will be permanently secured and I was thinking insulation too. Also it's going to double as a furnace room.

Sent from Earth

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69 310 Gallon-ish easier to ask for forgiveness than permission build

deboy69;228781 said:
Need some suggestions of others trial and error. I am going to be enclosing my fish room and framing it in shortly. Any suggestions on what to use and what not to use for anything.?
The cement walls will be framed and items will be permanently secured and I was thinking insulation too. Also it's going to double as a furnace room.

Sent from Earth
Deffinatly go with FRP boards, they are the one thing I wish I did. If you have the extra $ I would also go with pressure treated studs to avoid mold from high humidity. Using high density foam on concrete walls is more efficient that fiber glass but will not be as affordable. If you don't have a dunk already plumbed into your fish room do it!! I love my sink almost as much as my tank lol

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dbarnes is right- the utility sink in my fish room is fantastic. All sorts of things go into that sink that I wouldn't allow anywhere near my kitchen sink. As far as the building materials go, the absolute best thing is the tile floor- means zero stress of any kind. No mold or mildew, easy to clean, etc. If I had it to do over again, I'd tile the walls in there, too.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

That's a good idea. Never would have thought of that. I thought about putting down a rubber membrane around the walls to keep in catastrophe

Sent from Earth

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69 310 Gallon-ish easier to ask for forgiveness than permission build

If money is no concern I would also put up osb on all the walls prior to the FRP board. This way you can attach or anchor this in any location not just a stub which has been a prob for me

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Another good idea. Keep them coming.
Thanks Cindy I'm jealous of your fish room now. What a big change

Sent from Earth

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;228857 said:
Another good idea. Keep them coming.
Thanks Cindy I'm jealous of your fish room now. What a big change

Sent from Earth
HA! Jealous? No way!
It really has been a huge change from what you saw when you came to help me with the reefkeeper, thanks to what Austin did with the electrical, and Michael did with the plumbing. He's got one last thing to do- plumb a drainpipe straight from the sump into the sewer line. That will mean water changes consist of a turn of a valve, and hitting a power button. Insanely easy.