decreasing flow in a red sea max 250

Hi all I am new to this site and had a question. I have a red sea max 250 reef and don't like the large amount of flow that comes stock with filtration. I was looking for ways to decrease the flow and with help came up with an idea to splice the tubing attatched to the larger pump and place a valve in the middle of the tubing. Has anybody tried this with this system. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No but possible putting a sponge or something of the like on the intake if the pump or on the over the nozzle?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kevin like you said put in a valve on the return line I like to run bigger pumps on my systems as well and use a valve to restrict the flow a little. Never heard of anyone having to much flow though haha

Thanks for the replies, no I am running a full reef. I am getting more comfortable with the flow as things settle in but looked like my euphelia were going to be torn from their skeleton and one of my nems is hiding so thought I may need to tone down the flow a bit. Thanks again for the thoughts.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to club more importantly. Lets see pics of this thing!

Thanks again for the wark welcome [attachment=63305:name] Here is a picture of my red sea max 250 as requested this is a bit of an old pic as I have added a few animals and the Radion Gen 2 as well since this pic was taking. But for the most part here she is.