Does anyone use vho anymore?

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'm thinking of getting some Chinese led's and supplementing with t5 or vho. Just thinking they can provide the full spectrum light that the led's are missing. Also my new build is going to be a bit wide 60x30. I was thinking about 2 led's with two or 4 t5 or t12 for supplementing and filling the edge.

The LED multichips are quite nice and easy to DIY. I can give you a name of an ebayer whose always treated me nicely if you like. If you supplement, go with MH or t5. The T12 and vho are old and inefficient. Plus, getting replacement parts for them will be costly.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you decide to go with some vho's, send me a pm. I believe I have four sets of german sealed endcaps somewhere that you can have.
Jerry

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

Haddonisreef;225574 said:
New build! What the where he pics bra?
I'm thinking peninsula. Acrylic (DIY so I'm practicing) 65 x 30 x 22
Just got 2 tunze 6200's to have good flow.
Thinking about doing the stand. Maybe a welded frame, got to practice a lot. My welds suck even with the wire feed.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

What about just using my tek elite 58" x 6 plus 2 reefbrite. Think that'll spread? Maybe turn it into a retro.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Does anyone use vho anymore?

What about the suspended tank from RC? Nothing says confidence like 2 tons hanging in mid air. I don't see why you can't use your current lights, maybe hang them up a little higher.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

2 tons in mid air would be SEXY! But I think it exceeds my engineering abilities.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like VHO still. I have never found a good equivalent for the URI Super Actinic look.

I am in Longmont and can weld if you need help. I have made lots of tank stands, bed frames and other stuff.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

jda123;227489 said:
I like VHO still. I have never found a good equivalent for the URI Super Actinic look.

I am in Longmont and can weld if you need help. I have made lots of tank stands, bed frames and other stuff.
Thanks Doug, I may take you up in it! I've heard the same comment about the uri super actinic many times.