Fish growth, I have no idea what it is, antibiotics not helping....I need some help!

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ive got an angel that started to get this growth, bacterial? looking thing on one of its bottom fins. Medicated fish with Furan2, did two rounds of this, and when I changed water, and water cleared, growth was still there, somewhat smaller, but a new growth had started on this fishs tail. Currently I am on day 2 of kanaplex and metroplex, and the growth on the bottom is growing quickly.

I need some help here. What is this stuff? Its light brown, doesn't have any blood around it like fin rot, there is no ammonia in the tank, no nitrites, nitrates, etc. Tank is a qt tank. Any idea what I should try to treat this fish with? I have not done a freshwater dip, as its not ich, flukes, or velvet. Im stumped. I hope one of you out there has an idea. Thank you

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought that also but it's eaten away his lower fin. Poor fish. If it's lympho where did it come from? None of the other fish in qt have any signs of it

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Lympho would be my guess. After reading a little about it, it seems a dietary deficiency. Seems recommendations would be soaking food in zoecon from Kent Marine, selcon, & garlic. Nori sheets presented as well. Seems Angels, Tangs, and Butterflies are more susceptible to lympho.

This is all just stuff I read this morning, I've never had this happen so I was just looking it up, I have no first hand knowledge of what may or may not eventually work.

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I soak all my food in selcon, and kent garlic extreme. Fish wont touch nori. What else do saltwater angels eat? got some frozen baby clams.....would it eat that?