FishBrawler's Revive Tank

I'm FishBrawler! I'm 15 and just started my 2nd year in highschool! I've been in the fish keeping hobby for about 5 years. So mind you this, this is going to be a slow build as I don't have a job and I probably wont be able to get one because of my rigorous school. I'm taking all AP and Honnors classes so no time for one now lol. My first fish was a dragon goby from walmart! Got home and it turn out to be brackish and need a 55 gallon tank! So for chirstmas my dad got me that. Then realizing that there are hardly any beautiful brackish fish, I switch over to saltwater! My 55 gallon is alright, but I made a ton of mistakes along the way that I want to do right this time!

So as a christmas present from my dad and grandparents, I ordered my first fully custom fish tank! The dimensions read 24x24x12 (LxWxH). The tank has an external overflow and is low iron starfire glass! The tank is also rimless.

So now onto the specs:

• Tank: 24x24x12 (LxWxH) inches low iron starfire

• Heater: Jager

• Return Pump: QuietOne 3000

• Light:Ledtric iNspire fixture (looking into a Metal Halide and T5 setup!)

• Ato: Professional Aquatics

• Sump: 20 gallon high tank with refugium

• Protein skimmer: cadlights pipeless protein skimmer

I want this tank to be very easily maintained as my parents are divorced and I switch houses every week. I want to experiment with bare bottom but if it isn't appealing (Note: This was about a year ago... May be adding sand this weekend), I'll add sand.

Livestock:

• Softies and some nems

• Fish-Lyretail Trio and Blue Chromis

FTS

1-26-13

3-27-13

3-31-13

4-6-13

4-13-13

The tank has changed alot! Here are some of my last FTS. Sorta blurry so sorry!
Here are some more early morning shots... blurry Whites only!

Here is my zoa rock. I have rastas, chong bongs, fire and ice, dragon eyes, some killer red zoas from Frag Junky, some sunny D, bam bams, and some Eagle eye zoas.

Enjoy! Comments Welcome! :)

Off The Deep End;274822 said:
Very nice setup!
Thanks! I was actually right about to sell the tank last week! I came on here to sell it, but then some members on another forum inspired me to try to do a revival first so here I am!

HondaHound;274825 said:
Awesome tank! Always glad to see a fellow nano-reefer! Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Glad to see so much support on here. I have known about this forum for quite sometime, and was reinforced to join at Reefstock, but for some reason didnt! I love the sense of community on here. The tank is coming along. I may post one of my old 55. Speaking of that. I know that this isnt the livestock section but I have a 10x8 inch montipora cap (red/pink) for sale if anyone is interested. It came from my 55!

kyuubichan218

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I love lyretails, they're one of my favorite fish. They are jumpers though, especially in smaller tanks where the male may beat up on the females. Looks good, and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2

kyuubichan218;274833 said:
I love lyretails, they're one of my favorite fish. They are jumpers though, especially in smaller tanks where the male may beat up on the females. Looks good, and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2
I know its going to be a challenge. I have been feeding them like 2-6 times a day so they don't beat up too much. The hardess problem I am seeing is water quality! I may be selling this trio soon if I can't keep up! Only being with the tank every other week can be a B****! My protein skimmer keeps overflowing and so I loose a week of skimmate! Its really frustrating!

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to the club. Your grandpa does some nice work. Come visit us if you are ever up north.

Vince
GWA

fishguy69;274873 said:
Welcome to the club. Your grandpa does some nice work. Come visit us if you are ever up north.

Vince
GWA
Thanks! I have never really been to another reefers house. I may take you up on that offer sometime! :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
We have a store in Fort Collins, that's what I meant. Anyway welcome again.