Frag tank build

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well time to build a frag tank. Mainly want to show off my tank haha
Dvenson did all the acrylic work and looks awesome.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks awesome. That's a pretty small overflow though.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Small in the picture its actually 6"x5" only needs to handle 350 gph

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks really clean, can't wait to see it all setup. Was there any reasoning behind the "frosted" acrylic on the back end of the sump/fuge?

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;212205 said:
Looks really clean, can't wait to see it all setup. Was there any reasoning behind the "frosted" acrylic on the back end of the sump/fuge?
Lol that's the economical version. Jk. Ended up starting a sump and one of the pieces was frosted and didn't notice it until I was about halfway finished. So i posted it for sale cheap

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;212205 said:
It's the cool thing to do haha

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol, here I was racking my brain trying to figure out if there was a display fuge in the works and he was trying to diffuse light or hide the cords. The baffles threw me off when I figured it was for a display fuge. ;)

As an aside...ADA makes some SICK tanks with frosted and curved back glass and sides, I almost bought one of those nanos a while back, but the deal fell through. The way the light hits the frosted glass in a DT is pretty sweet.

carry on.

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Looking good! That Daniel is getting good, he built our sump for the new 950g reef we will be installing soon. Definite vote of confidence if we install his work with my general liability insurance at risk.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Goodies
Heat sink is a makers led. Bad a** heat sink

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, those heat sinks are awesome. Is your light built yet? Lol

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;213776 said:
Yea, those heat sinks are awesome. Is your light built yet? Lol
No just got the stuff yesterday, waiting for white's and drivers.

static reef

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
ill build you a stand.lol thats get this thing filled with water and stocked quickly. building the stand and plumbing on my new frag flat today. i am just to lazy to keep a build thread going so i am watching yours

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
projectx;214218 said:
looken good, if you need any help with the RA hit me up. I am running 2 of em now
Will do cause I don't know a darn thing about it except its a controller.