M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Quite the frag tank, I like it!

hoodrat

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea it was a blast to play with 150 gallon Rubbermaid had more room than you could ever imagine and more room for fish of whatever size. I do miss that tank but considering most everything you see in that pic was sold or given away to club members at that time... little pieces of my tank are everywhere...lol

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
That looks nice, and looks quite packed. More pics!!! how big is it?

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;316562 said:
That looks nice, and looks quite packed. More pics!!! how big is it?
It is kinda packed, its a 20g and a 40 breader in a L shape on the same sump. Going to take it down as soon as I get a chance to do the overflow kit, and figure out how I want to do the racks on the 70DD sitting in my garage. I'll try to get more pics if I can ever get home before my lights go out.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Its awesome though, I want one :)

Haven't got it running yet but I just installed the bulkheads today. It's a 16g cement mixing tub from hd and a 20L sump, eshops 150 skimmer and mag5 return. Evo 200w dimmable leds. Tearing down my 57 display to make room for the new 180, everything will be housed in this setup until the 180 is up and running then this tank will be strictly grow out! Super excited as its my first frag tank!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Nice Charleshardy!!! Never seen that used before great idea. Do you know if the plastic leeches phospahtes at all?

CRW Reef;316843 said:
Nice Charleshardy!!! Never seen that used before great idea. Do you know if the plastic leeches phospahtes at all?

I have done retarded amounts of reading before I committed tothe purchase, it's a number 5 Polypropylene, which in all my research is considered food safe as they use it for yogurt and margarine containers. From what I found number 2 and number 5 seem to be the majority of what most people use in the reefing hobby plastic wise with the greatest success and not leeching phosphates. I know I read about dark color plastics potentially leeching things but I also read just as much on them not leeching a damn thing. So I'm convinced my setup will be phosphate free haha. will run a short test just to make sure, time doesn't permit a long wait as I need this sucker going within a weekish. Keep the light on in this thread though and I'll try to remember to update anything that happens.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So hoodrat and fishtv are the only ones with frag tanks these days? :p come now just give us a lil snippet into your hidden treasures lol