Good place to get a CUC

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I need a bigger CUC then what i got at the meet and was wondering if you guys know a good place to get one. I wanted to get some more from blue diamond aquatics but they don't come on here often

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
What are you looking for?

I have astrea, nassarius, true scarlet hermits, blue legs, emeralds and peppermint shrimp. I'm in Littleton and can ship within the state.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
just a variety of algae eaters

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Elite reef

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
No they are just awesome and I would rather keep my dollar local. IME yes they are cheaper however they are really really small and seem to be more aggressive (hermits) at this young age and loose more in the long run. Not to mention the hassle of having to be home for delivery hoping they are alive (which usually is not a problem) Since they all offer great warranties if you have DOA after all spend alot more so you get free shipping and we will send you a replacement .50 crab......hehehe. I would just rather get good quality mature animals from a reputable source. Not have to worry about all the hassles of shipping etc. I have not went to any other LFS since Elite Reef opened. I have never got anywhere near the customer service at any shop in town like Elite Reef. In fact several of the shops in town have very poor customer service. this is of course all just my experience.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol. Okay I will try elite

gh0st

Cleaner Shrimp
+1. ^^

Keep it local and it will make it's way back to you.

Online cleaner crews are usually crazy small size and very overkill quantity wise. 1/3 to 1/2 will be cannibalized or die outright and then just end up polluting the tank, fueling even more algea growth.

I don't care where you buy locally, just buy local!

After all, who wants to pay for shipping on a clean up crew?

And being a LFS employee, I gotta agree, Elite is awesome, and I'm pretty critical and picky!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;88894 said:
No they are just awesome and I would rather keep my dollar local. IME yes they are cheaper however they are really really small and seem to be more aggressive (hermits) at this young age and loose more in the long run. Not to mention the hassle of having to be home for delivery hoping they are alive (which usually is not a problem) Since they all offer great warranties if you have DOA after all spend alot more so you get free shipping and we will send you a replacement .50 crab......hehehe. I would just rather get good quality mature animals from a reputable source. Not have to worry about all the hassles of shipping etc. I have not went to any other LFS since Elite Reef opened. I have never got anywhere near the customer service at any shop in town like Elite Reef. In fact several of the shops in town have very poor customer service. this is of course all just my experience.
see they are paying you ...lol
no i agree elite reef is defiantly the one of the best fish stores i have ever been in

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;88911 said:
see they are paying you ...lol
no i agree elite reef is defiantly the one of the best fish stores i have ever been in
+1