Help HELP!!!!!

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
I just woke up and my 180 reef is leaking all over my floor. Please come if you can and help me. I am at 15154 E Wesley ave. Aurora 80014
720-285-6501
Lauren, Jeff is out of town

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
pulled everything but two inside pumps. The tank is leaking FAST from the Bottom seal
I don't know what I'll need to do .
I don't have any way to save everything in buckets. If anyone can let me borrow what I'll need please come a runnin!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you have enough water left and a close bathtub throw the water in there and any corals/fish. You could also use your recyclables cart or yard waste cart to hold it all. HTH

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can you isolate the leak and catch the water in a bucket? if so then you can catch it in the bucket and pump it back into the tank until you can come up with a solution or until some people can get there to help.

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
My husband called Oceans Apart from 2000 miles away. What kind of outfit are they? Does anyone have any experience with them?

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
They just said they can't help. The tank can not be repaired reliably. The stand is ruined from old leaks as well. How long can I keep things alive in tubs and buckets? This is Oceans Apart.
I've also called Cris and left a message.

Last edited by a moderator:

120greefman

Put a heater in the tub to keep temp up. Also put a bubbler in there if you have one and a couple circulation pumps and you should be good for a couple days. I once had a 100 gallon do the same thing and everything lived in the tub for 4-5 days fine. I didn't have fancy corals then but all the fish did fine. Keep as much water from the tank as possible obviously.

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
Mucho thanks to 120greefman. You are a gem, thanks for all the help and encouragement. My garage is much prettier than it was, even if the dead hulk of my 180 still rots in the dining room. The kiddie pools seem to be working well.
I'll post an update hopefully this weekend. Thanks all!

xsocali

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad that everything is under control and hats off to 120greefman for stepping up and helping a fellow reefer in need.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am soooo sorry I was on my way out the door to work when you posted this morning, hope you got it all worked out.

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
Tank disaster.

Thanks to 120Greefman for his help. I was 1000 miles away on a business trip and my wife needed help. Does anyone have any hope that we can reseal our 175 bowfront? I am guessing not, but have not fully given up all hope. -Jeff

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
there should be no reason why it can not be fixed somehow

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
That is sort of what I thought. Reef and Pond wants $450 to come get it, fix it, deliver it and warranty it for one year. Sounds a tad high to me, but what do the folks on MASC think? -Jeff

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Check with Elite Reef they may do that kind of stuff as well. I think that is defiently way HIGH

120greefman

No reason you cant reseal it yourself. I think that is worth a shot before dropping the mortgage on a new tank.