Help HELP!!!!!

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to hear that this happened.

120gReefman way to be there to help them out

You might be able to do it yourself, clean the old silicone off with a razorblade, get a few tubes of the stuff from PetCo, and seal it up. fill it up from the hose and let it sit if she doesnt leak you should be good

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Since the stand sounds like it is in rough shape, what about looking into one of the used tanks that have popped up on the site lately? Just a thought... You could reseal the tank with a little elbow grease. Cut away old silicon, clean throughly with alcohol, use aquarium safe silicone and let dry for recommend time. I think 48 hours???

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dont buy it from petco go to The Home Depot and get it for about 4 doallars a tube instead of 10 - 15 a tube.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;97453 said:
Dont buy it from petco go to The Home Depot and get it for about 4 doallars a tube instead of 10 - 15 a tube.
Didnt know they had it at Home depot, good to know

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea GE silicone 1

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
Thanks for all the advise. The stand really is an issue. It is made of particle board (read sponge) and it is a total loss considering that this is not the first time that it has gotten wet and that it has been soaking all day. It is not going to ever be stable again. I am just hoping that we find a replacement by this weekend and that the livestock holds on until then too. I already had to cry over a flame hawk that jumped out earlier. I now have it all loosely covered with some bamboo blinds for the night. Tomorrow is another day! - Lauren

120greefman

I really think water changes will help keep everyone happy in less than ideal living conditions.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Lauren, you are a FANTASTIC wife. Most wives, significant others, pit up with this obsession. You have really come thru.

IMO the tank problems are coming from the stand. Get a whole new, or used tank and stand really may be the best bet... And quickest

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;97472 said:
I would only use aquarium silicone, and would recommend a 2 week cure time.
The GE 1 actually use to say Aquarium safe on it with a 24 hour cure time, they have however removed it due to liability reasons. That is what I always use and let it cure 24 hours. I have never had any problems with it. That is just my 2 cents.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can try and find the link to the home build stand that was on RC. That is what I used to build my stand, you can put a truck on it.

was built out of 2x4's and the cost was minimal. I think there is a pict of it in my gallery

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have been pming Lauren. Is there anyone that wants to help me move their aquarium so they can get the floor fixed and get the ball rolling on getting this set back up?

120greefman

spstimie;97574 said:
I have been pming Lauren. Is there anyone that wants to help me move their aquarium so they can get the floor fixed and get the ball rolling on getting this set back up?
I have went from not busy to busy at work, unfortunately I can't.