Help Needed with a Parasite

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Proper diagnoses is Brooklynella. :moody: I took the little clown to see a doctor to know what it was I was dealing with. All fish are in a QT and being medicated with a formalin solution. Does anyone know if I should also being doing a secondary medication for anything bacterial?

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;210245 said:
Yeah the guy calls himself the fish doctor lol he was able to get a sample off the fish. It was pretty interesting.

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;210251 said:
Wow..... who is it, where did you find them?
I was referred to Patrick at Neptunes (awesome knowledgable guy) by the Denver Zoo. He has a microscope and patience like no other. The effort and time Neptune's takes with its tanks they also do on someone in need of help. He also told me all about the QT process done in the store. WOW.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
LittleCrabby101;210253 said:
I was referred to Patrick at Neptunes (awesome knowledgable guy) by the Denver Zoo. He has a microscope and patience like no other. The effort and time Neptune's takes with its tanks they also do on someone in need of help. He also told me all about the QT process done in the store. WOW.
Whoa, nice! Glad you got an actual real diagnosis, rare in the fish hobby! Good luck with the treatment. Also noted for future reference for sure. Let us know if the little guy makes it ok.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Patrick is the bomb! Super knowledgeable, and yes Neptune's is a Denver area gem. In addition to our sponsors, of course :).

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
UPDATE: The four survivors have been in QT for three weeks now. All 4 are doing great! The DT is still running fallow. I'm in the process of breaking it down and replacing the whole setup. ;)

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Awesome news Nadia! Any pics of the fish before they were cured? Just curious how that Brook looked.