Help program reefkeeper

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm trying to program a feed timer but not sure how exactly it works. So I set a standby in the apc module for 10 min to feed everyday. Do I activate the timer or do I set it for when I need it off?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also need to set a timer for water change. Someone come show an idiot how to program haha.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
Not sure exactly what you are trying to do, may have to explain your endgame in a little more detail. The standby modes have to be manually turned on, then it will go off standby after the set amount of time. If you want to run pumps on a timer you will have to program them in multi-timer mode. There you can set how often you want them to turn off and for how long.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I want to set a feeding timer so the power head shuts off for 10min everyday around 9:00pm. I also need to set up a water change timer where return and power head shuts off for 15 min while I complete the water change. What's the best way to go about that?

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
So for the feeding timer you want to set your pump to multi-timer mode, timer(#). You can set up the different multi-timers in the "menu" settings. You will want to set it up so its on every day of the week for 23:50 then off 10:00. set the oscillate mode to ON which will make the timer ignore the start time and the repeat # and infinitely cycle the timer from the time you start it (so you would want to set it at 9:10pm). For the water change timer you want to set up a standby(in menu) for however it takes to do a water change. Then set all of your pump channels to turn off when on that standby. When you go to do a water change just turn the standby on and the pumps will turn off for that amount of time.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought you set up which pumps you wanted to turn off when you pressed the feed button on the controll panel. That way, the pumps stay off for the predetermined amount of time but only when you are ready to feed. If you set up the pumps to turn off at a certain time, then you need to make sure you are there to feed at that time. Not sure about you, by my system rarely is fed at the same time of the day each day. Sometimes 6 but sometimes 8.
Or you can watch the BRS video. I'm pretty sure they address the feeding delay programming. :)