Help with picking LED lighting for 4 gallon innovative marine tank

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Your opinions on the below lights are appreciated.

Innovative marine Skkye 14k 4watt
(my tank didn't come with a light so I don't have this figured if i had to purchase I would upgrade to the 8watt or one of the others.

Innovative marine Skkye 14k 8watt
(kind of leaning towards this)

Wavepoint 6" 8-watt 10000k
(would this be enough light? how does it compair to the above light?)

Wavepoint 12" 16-Watt 10000k
(the tank is only around 8" wide so this would hang over, but i don't think i mind that)

Cadlight 6.5W Mini clamp led 8000K
(like the look of this, but i'm thinking the skkye optino is a better one)

I definately want a hang on the tank type, and ideally something w/ independent control of the blues and whites so I don't have to add on something to use as moon light. If you know of any other options I should look at please advise...I know the best option is the DIY LED's, but I want a nice rimless tank look w/ the light hanging over it. I would prefer not to do one of those RapidLED 38's that I have read about.

Current stock: mushrooms / zoa's / 1 sexy shrimp / 2 snails / 2 hermits.

I plan on keeping zoa's, mushrooms, and maxi mini carpet anemone and for livestock 3 sexy shrimp, 1 pom pom crab, and some snails. (maybe some mini brittle stars.) Going to get rid of the hermits.

Thanks for your help in advance.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I had really bad luck with the cadlight on a 4 gallon pico, it had no growth, didnt like the color, it was horrible all around. I didnt know much about LED at the time and I ended up getting id of the entire tank becuase nothing would grow, I thought it was becuase of the size of the tank I was havin troubles, come to find out it was probably the light. I have since set up two 4 gallon tanks with DIY LEDs on both and have not had any trouble. IMo stay away from the cadlight

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;220742 said:
I had really bad luck with the cadlight on a 4 gallon pico, it had no growth, didnt like the color, it was horrible all around. I didnt know much about LED at the time and I ended up getting id of the entire tank becuase nothing would grow, I thought it was becuase of the size of the tank I was havin troubles, come to find out it was probably the light. I have since set up two 4 gallon tanks with DIY LEDs on both and have not had any trouble. IMo stay away from the cadlight
It seems that everything i read leads me to the DIY LED. The problem is I have no doubt that I could make one, I just don't think I would do a good job of creating something that would look good holding it. I don't want to just set anything on top of the tank...If that was the case I could just buy some strip led's and add on till i had enough light.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Help with picking LED lighting for 4 gallon innovative marine tank

I had a par 38 20k I picked up from reefkoi for my 12gal and it was right on the border of being enough light but it might be over kill for a 4 gal but I would go for it. It put out great color and had a built in fan.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have 3 of the 8 watt skky lites over my 16 g Neuvo and they do a pretty good job. they have no switches, but separate power supplies for white and blue leds. One of them should do the job for a 4 g.