Help!

Ok here is the deal I have picked up a Ecoxotic Panorama Retro 36 for a good price from a friend of a friend here is a link to the light http://www.ecoxotic.com/catalog/product/view/id/215/s/panorama-led-retro-2-parts/category/17/
Plan is to mount it in my 29G oceanic bio cube. My problem is I want to put it on a dimmer.
Called Ecoxotic and the lady I get on the phone has not been able to help me at all and will not let me talk to anyone else. She keeps telling me that I can buy a controller from Apex that will control it and she needs to know if it is a dimmable driver. I have told her the #'s on the driver and she just says that will not tell her much????????
Don’t really want to drop that much coin on a controller right now...
The driver I have with it is mean well ELN-60-24 and believe it is non-dimmable because it only has two wires coming out of it to the light and from what I have found is that it should have four? A set to the lamp and a set for a powered dimmer?
Why can’t I just control the voltage going to the light from the driver via an inline 0-24v dimmer/potentiometer?
Any help would be great!!
Here are the specs on the light also

PANORAMA LED Retro​
Color Spectrum8“ x 9.5” x 2.5” (20.32 x 24.13 x 6.35cm)LED Retro Weight24 - 10,000K WhitePower Consumed 42 watts100-220VACFrequency / Hertz 50/60 HzMounting Options Inside canopyHanging Kit (optional)LED Driver Dimensions 9“ x 3” x 3” (22.86 x 7.6 x 7.6cm)36” (91.4cm)External LED Driver with on/off switch​
www.ecoxotic.com Page 2 of 2​
Panorama 36 LED RetroSpecs​
LED Retro DimensionsLED Driver Cord Length12 - 455nm BlueQuantity LEDInput VoltageWhat’s Included Panorama 36 LED Retro w/lens coverLED Retro Cord Length 56” (142.24cm)6 ” ( 1 5.24cm)Power Cord Length​

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a dimmer for an ecoxotic pro it's a manual dimmer.

H20 Your talking about the pots inside the driver/ballast one for current and one for voltage, Played with those also and it will dim it. So whats the difference if I do it inline after the driver/ballast for easy access I guess is what I want to know???

09bumblebee;224222 said:
I have a dimmer for an ecoxotic pro it's a manual dimmer.
Have seen those for like 14 buck but the wires wont match the plug on my light? I could probaly go to radio shack and get the bullet connectors to match..
So if I can dim it with one of those manual dimmers what is the point in having a dimmable driver?? Just for use with a controller??

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
BigeYo;224225 said:
Have seen those for like 14 buck but the wires wont match the plug on my light? I could probaly go to radio shack and get the bullet connectors to match..
So if I can dim it with one of those manual dimmers what is the point in having a dimmable driver?? Just for use with a controller??
Yep this goes online between power and light.