How would you.....

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
@asn-naso @jda123 @kchristensen8064

Want to do a reeftopia order? We can split an order of 42 @ $3/shrimp gets us $126 and free shipping. I might order a few of the larger ones just to get started in my display while the other grow up in my 40b and sump. I think jda123, kchristensen8064, and I are in the Longmont/Loveland area...I know I don't get down toward DTC often for asn-naso?

Benjamin

Cleaner Shrimp
I went down to aquamart and they have peppermint shrimp but we're getting low so if you get lucky you could get some from them I picked up some this week and they are killing it on my frag tank

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Send me a PM when you are ready. I always need some astreas, peppermints, emeralds and maybe some fish (depending on what they have in stock).

Go to the lot prices section... 50 shrimp for $100... $2 each. I highly recommend that you keep these out of the tank for a few weeks until they fatten up a bit. Even if a few die, this is still better than buying them retail at $5-8 a pop and getting them at the same size.

This is also the place to get astreas, cerith, nerites, hermits, etc. This is where lots of the shops and wholesalers buy from... got their name once from a larger wholesaler in LA.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Send me a PM when you are ready. I always need some astreas, peppermints, emeralds and maybe some fish (depending on what they have in stock).

This is also the place to get astreas, cerith, nerites, hermits, etc. This is where lots of the shops and wholesalers buy from... got their name once from a larger wholesaler in LA.
I will. I am going on vacation next week so maybe when I get back from that? If it ends up being just you and I maybe we can piecemeal an order together that hits that magical $125 for free shipping. I could always go to like 15 regular peppermints, 5 XL's, and then hermits and emeralds as well.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So I went with the 3 pronged approach. I ordered the peppermints, I put 4 XL ones in my display and never saw 3 of them again. They may be in there, they may be gonners. The last one had a nice hiding spot by the glass on the side where I could view him. I slowly added more peppermints that were living in my basement 40b....and again if they are in there they are nocturnal and really good hiders. I went to town one day with some kalk paste and a syringe....and a snorkel and mask. I went through about 40mL of paste on any aiptasia I could see. Then I purchased a Copperband Butterfly from Emerald Reef Supply, who ordered me a fantastic L/XL size. He initially showed no interest in the aiptasia, but after a few weeks I could see him going after it pretty aggressively. Long story short I don't see any aiptasia in my display!

I 3d printed a honeycomb guard that I place on top of a longneck clam, the CBB is the only fish that can get through the honeycomb grid and feast on the clam. Probably not ideal for those of you with clams in display, but I don't have one so I figured it was a good way to make sure CBB continues to eat well. Time will tell. I am giving it 3 clams a week.