Ikea LEDs

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I purchased the Ikea Dioder RGB led strips to use for a fw tank, $40 for 4x adjustable color strips. Has anyone tried these? I was thinking of lighting an ATS with these, think it would work?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pics brah

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
from my ATS light research, seems you can get better cost per watt than this. and i would think you'd want to buy something that is built as a grow light vs accent light, to ensure it is targeting the correct light spectrum? for example, i got a45w rgb grow light on amazon for $90 ("bloom boss").

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
the lights look ok for color effect, but after a couple months of moisture, they fail miserably.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I grabbed some mosaic strip leds from lowes a couple weeks ago anyone try these yet? same idea only sticky and flexable they are purely for suplimental use though

fc_reefer

Cleaner Shrimp
I wrote up a little piece on these lights here:
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum...oonlight-kit-write-up&highlight=Led+moonlight

They are great for alternative lighting in the evening when your wife can't take the high powered LEDs anymore :) turning it to red makes yellow tangs orange and clownfish crazy red. Cool effect but my tang would get angry with the red. Other than red, my taotronic LEDs would completely over power these lights, so I run them a couple hours in evening and change the color based on what coral I want to highlight.