Led lighting Alternatives: Buyer Beware

Thought I would inform everyone of my experience as of this moment with the led manufacturer Reef Breeders. Being that I was in search of lighting for my 40 breeder I happend upon the Reef Breeders Value fixture, it covers a 40b with sps in the middle and lps/softies on either sides so I decided upon this model Knowing that I may need to supplement with t5 when the time comes. After reading very positive reviews of this fixture I made the purchase on Feb. 16, when purchased the website directly advertised the fixture to be shipped (from the Reef Breeders location before the first week of march) knowing this I happily made the order. After this I waited several days to recieve a conformation to no avail, after emailing Reef Breeders they confirmed my payment. I then continued the anxious wait (being that the fixture was the last component of the build this delayed my progress drastically) whatching their Facebook page on a daily basis I continued to wait for updates from the page. Several weeks ago I found a fourm highlighting a one week shipping delay. This was slightly discouraging, but I was fine with this extended wait. And then today, when I logged on their fbook page I found yet another delay, this time not from the us headquarters but the factory itself. So this means hopefully recieveing the fixture by the end of march, one month later than the original promised date. Note: Non of the above info was sent to me via reef breeders, I had to fill out numerous contact fourms just to get basic shipping info. At this point I am planning on recieveing a refund, if anyone has suggestions for similar fixtures PLEASE POST!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Led lighting Alternatives: Buyer Beware

One suggestion, wait it out. China goes on vacation every other day it seems, my lights were 3-4 weeks late because of the "holidays"

You might look at Evo

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

Look up Duce_bigalow 2000 on eBay. Magicmike got his here. They look nice for the price.

Smokey

Cleaner Shrimp

If you buy from deuce make sure he has the fixture you want in hand and make sure the fixture description is the one you want. I bought from him based on the pictures attached to the auction and it wasn't the light I got. And he didn't have it on hand so it got shipped from China any how. Just a couple of things to keep in mind.

Smokey

Cleaner Shrimp

Yeah, I'm still happy over all with the fixtures I got. It is dimmable and has good mix of blues and whites but the one I thought I was getting had some purples (and green and red) as well as optics on the LEDs. My corals seem happy so it wasn't a bust :)

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

WalkPrazz;230974 said:
Maybe I should just scratch the china fixture idea and just go AI or ecotech?
After all the HORRIBLE reviews I have seen on the **** that comes put of china I would never **** away my money on one. Buy a quality light from a reputable manufacturer and be done, I also hate the companies in the US and even Colorado that order a Chinese light, slap an American name on it and throw it to the consumer with a 25% mark up. Go with AI or Ecotech and be done, that way you will have a quality light for the coming 5+ years instead of three months. Just my opinion though