LED lighting opinions

Finally saved up a decent amount of cash to buy some new LED lights for our 150 gallon aquarium. The tank is the standard 6 feet long, 18 inch wide and 30 inches tall. Looking to get something powerful enough to be able to put clams on the floor of the aquarium, so 28 inches deep in the water. Our tank does not have a canopy and is in a room with a vaulted a ceiling. We would prefer something that can be mounted to the top of the tank (like the ecoxotic below) and lifts up for easy access for cleaning and feeding. Something that has programmable dimming would be great but not necessary.

We just went to Neptunes and were looking at the Ecoxotic Panorama 24 inch fixtures, we would get three of them for the 150. Here is a link to what we were looking at- http://www.ecoxotic.com/aquarium-led-lights/led-light-fixture/24-panorama-pro-led-fixture.html. Cost would be about $1700 with mounts. We are not sure if this would be enough light for the depth of the 150 gallon aquarium though.

Our budget is $1500-$1700 for the complete light setup if that is possible.

If anyone has any suggestions and can post links to LED fixtures that would work well for our setup it would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
here's my 180 with three over it

Go with the aqua illumination sol blues you could do 4 with a controller

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got 2 ai sols over my 90 and they are awesome. They are the white version and I have the blue over my 30 nuvo that's in the works.