Led supplements?

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a 120w 14k led over my 20L and I will soon have 4x9w led Chinese knock off bulbs on my nano wave 9 (two are 10k and two are 20k) I want more blue on the 20L and I want moonlights on my nano wave. What would work for me not having a good on either? Both are open top.

The reason I ask is because I have been losing firefish and gobies to jumping and I am thinking at night when it is full blackout that a snail or hermit scares them and they decide to surf on out to the carpet

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Led supplements?

Got a cheaper solution for you. Egg crate. Can get it at Home Depot, cut it to size, and won't diffuse the lights. Just a suggestion.

David

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Led supplements?

And I will probably end up doing that, but I am wanting to also add more blue to my tanks. So that's why I said supplements and moonlights, because I am looking for both

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Led supplements?

Marineland has some submersible ones. Like $30. Also I know eBay has some robe ones that you can use for the nano. I had the marineland ones on my 180g.

David

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Besides the eggcrate, I know Kalgra and I think Denveraquarist both had some pretty nice screen they found for the top of their tanks. I've heard of the firefish making it through eggcrate holes.

If blue is just for looks, the marineland may work, though I think too long for the nano. Depending how your chinese LED are you could just DIY add some yourself.

Can borrow one of my bars if you want as long as I get it before you are off to college. I've got 2 I've got to return because they sprung leaks. I did find propping them out of water on the top of the rim gave my tank an amazing look at night anyways compared to in water. (So if open top on nano, could lay it across the front on top of any screen could work.

hooked

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
S.C.M.A.S BOD
I have had fish jump throught the egg crate. I got the screen from Bulk Reef Supply. "clear netting" I think is what they call it. It installs in a window screen frame. Pretty cheap and no fish gets through it. You can get 1/4" and 1/2".

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had the black netting from Lowes on my 120, didn't block the light (you'll need: Bird netting, trim pieces, trim connectors, spline, and a spline roller) I had a top trim on my tank to hide the screens though.