mikejrice's 30 Gallon Innovative Marine

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I forgot to mention, the Zetlight UFO fan was rubbing on the housing which I believe ended up causing it to slow and lose the ability to cool the fixture. It no longer runs for more than half hour with out heating up and shutting down due to thermal protection.

Back to the trusted Kessil A350.

Michael Rice
Elite Reef, Denver Colorado

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ended up moving this tank down to Elite Reef.

A couple of things bleaches out after the move but seem to be recovering well. If you're in the area, stop by and check it out at our brand new shop!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can you believe the nerve of this person standing just a few feet from my tank after smashing a window to get in and steal our Colorado Sunburst Anemones?

They're still at large! If you hear anything, please contact the Adams Country Sheriff's Department at 303-288-1535

Sometimes I just don't understand people.

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This Week my Ecodrift pump bit the dust. I'm going to try running this tank without a power head for awhile and see how it goes. I also added a couple new hammer corals including a yellow one.

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Found some pictures this morning of the tank that haven't been shared yet, so here we go.

Also, I've been making some big changes to the tank recently. More pictures to come soon of what's new.

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Corals are really beginning to overgrown this tank, so this week I had to make some pretty drastic choices. The euphyllia I've had on the back wall for years now finally began to crowd each other out as well as put shade on a huge chunk of rock. They were moved to another system to continue growing. My acan garden has also been having some space issues between each other as well as being stung back by montipora. Most of them have been moved out turning this back into the chalice tank it was always meant to be. Should have room to continue growing for some time now.