Montipora eating nudibranch

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to hear. I had them a couple years ago. I ended up just tossing my montis and starved them out. I think the only monti I have now is purple digi - I’d be happy to DBTC you some when you get rid of them.
I think I made a post when I had them about which dips killed them. Some didn’t have any effect.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here's the thread from when I had them:
http://www.marinecolorado.org/threads/montipora-eating-nudibranch-infestation.19438/

Regarding which dips killed them:
"Coral Rx, Revive, and Reef Dip all killed the nudibranchs within five minutes at their respective recommended strengths. Bayer did not affect the nudibranchs at all. I was having trouble spotting the eggs and telling if they were killed because they are so small, so unfortunately I don't have any insight to give there."

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
one egg on a frag plug is all it takes, and also the reason to QT corals for a few weeks too

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Sorry to hear that, I had them a couple years ago and it was awful. I dipped every 48 hours for 2 weeks where I could but they continued to thrive on the encrusted montis. I sucked them out with a turkey baster at night until I realized they were winning. I then watched them eat all my montis (except my seotsa that they never touched) over the next few months. I didn't add a new monti for 9 months(probably excessive.) I do keep a yellow coris wrasse and springeri damsel in the tank now as a preventative measure just in case I get them again. I can't say yet if they work though. I have a frag of your tubbs that i will just let grow in my frag tank for you until you are ready to try again.