My 125 up and runing 1st time reefing

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
haha now im putting together my 55gal fish only holding tank damn im i got bitten hard by the saltwater bug

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
another update of the tank got my ro/di now and its been getting clearer and clearer [attachment=60665:name]

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
[attachment=60667:name]it is now 100% clear and wow is it so bright starting to get some brown stuff on the sandbed i wounder wat it is

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
starting to get my algae cycle getting the brown algae on my rcks and bed so soo i will be ready

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know you haven't started to add corals, but even when doing the rock did you wish the tank was deeper, front to back, and not as long side to side?

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
no i really like that its long bro i got good depth front to back i really like it its exactly wat i alwas wanted plus its just a start for me to learn saltwater and stuff in about to 9 month ima start bulding my 7ft long x 5ft tall x 3ft wide tank it comes out to being 750gal so im not really picky with it

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
i had one thing im not sure about im about to pick up brs carbon and gfo reactors do i plug those up and run them right away or should i wait till i got some corals and fish in there

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks very good, I would put a paly in and see if it opens, if you are going, I can bring a frag to the meeting this weekend.

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
when is the meeting and where lol thought next meeting is in feb

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
there is a DARC meeting this weekend at a school in Highlands Ranch, as well as D&G Pets in Fort Collins is having their re-grand opening.

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
sweet send me some info on it

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
so i tested my water today i was at 0 ammonia 0.25ppm nitrite and 2ppm nitrate lol almost there bout to do a 30gal water change and will be set the ph is 8.3 salinity is at 1.024 half way to 1.025 so one more week and im set

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
so i did my water change and did a new water test im at 1.025salinity 8.3ph 0ppm ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm nitrate its getting alot of diatoms my cleaner crew comes in monday but i stuck in a free frag of green star polyp in and it its opened up all the way looks soooo sweet under my moon light cant wait to stock it up some more!!!!

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol i know right but im loving it

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got my skimmer broken in working and tank is crystal clear my camera can't even take photos of it topology bright

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
[attachment=61297:name]hey guys i have not updated in a long time lol so i got some new photos wooo lol i think the tank has come along well and thriving.

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
hehe more pics

alright some more pics[attachment=61302:name]