My First Reef. 40g

ProfKhaos23

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is my first Reef and my second fish tank ever. Started researching 5-6 months ago with the help of my brother who has 10+ years of reefing experience. I started the gathering of equipment in November through December. I added salt on 1/13/13 (neat huh) and this last week my brother and sister in law visited from Texas for Reeffest. They helped me pick out my first fish and corals. Please let me know what you think.
View attachment 12379 View attachment 12380

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: My First Reef. 40g

Your tank is coming along great. Looks like you got a nice collection of zoas/palys too.
Nice to see all the thought you have put into your build and not just jumping in real quick without thinking.
I like GSP too but you will want to keep it isolated to it's own rock/area so it doesn't take over.

ProfKhaos23

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
WatercolorsGuy;233303 said:
Your tank is coming along great. Looks like you got a nice collection of zoas/palys too.
Nice to see all the thought you have put into your build and not just jumping in real quick without thinking.
I like GSP too but you will want to keep it isolated to it's own rock/area so it doesn't take over.
thank you. i jumped into my freshwater and it frustrated me. so i went with patience on the reef and so far its paying off knock on wood.