My new Maxspect Razor 27" 16k PAR readings

romebaby

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I picked up a new light a couple weeks ago. I'm coming from a very basic single cord no dimmer 119x 1W unit that Hooked helped me modify to a 3:2 blue:white ratio. The tank looked great, stuff was growing, good extension but I needed some lights for the new frag tank so I took the opportunity and purchased a new Razor. I really like it and the 6 time points on both channels is awesome for a dusk to dawn setup. I wanted to share the readings from both lights for anyone interested. Seems that not many people have this light yet as it's fairly new. Both lights were hung 8" off the water (old light pics - light is higher than when I took readings), tank is 24" high with a 4-5 inch sand bed. Tank is a 92 corner bowfront, back corner to each front corner is 35", front corner to front corner straight line is 48". The old light was mounted level to the water, the new light has a slight tilt towards the back so the sand bed takes a bit of a hit for the benefit of the very back of my rock structure. The razor has 90 degree optics, 3 banks of lights with a mix of cool white & warm white, blue & royal blue, and violet 410-420.

I'm not sure how high the light is on the frag tank but I'm liking the PAR readings from it.

The readings on the left and right side of the tank are on the rock wall, the 5 readings in front are directly on the sand bed, and the ones in the middle are on the rock structure.

Old light:

New light:

PAR readings old/new:

Old lights on new frag tank:

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry for replying to a slightly older post. How are things going with the maxspect? I just bought one for a nano that I'm setting up.

romebaby

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
chswkt;254651 said:
Sorry for replying to a slightly older post. How are things going with the maxspect? I just bought one for a nano that I'm setting up.
Still going great. Love this light, highly recommend it.

joeMASC

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
My new Maxspect Razor 27" 16k PAR readings

The tank looks great and I can vouch for the fact his SPS is doing very well with this light.