Nano nuvo is leaking

Nitzanah

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Need help. My innovative marine nano nuvo 16 started leaking today!
its a fast drip and I don't have any other tanks to place all my livestock in.

I mi just bought this damn brand new from Great White thing 4 months ago!! What do I do?
If I drain and clean it and replace silicon, won't that create new tank syndrome?

Nitzanah

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
They don't open until noon. Innovative marine doesn't open until 10am PST... I don't want a loaner from GWA, I want a replacement.

This is ridiculous. The tank is 4 months old! Do leaks like this happen often?

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;331754 said:
PM me your address, I will bring over a 14 biocube you can borrow.
This can hold you over untill IM can replace the tank. there should be a 6 month warranty on it.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to hear it...I know you need to resolve this fast and I'm way down in Littleton, but if you wanted to borrow one of my 2 Nuvo 16's you could....they are just cylcing some rock in my garage right now.

I could just take off work for a few and meet you at my house if you want to make the drive. Just an FYI, neither of my nuvo's gave me any problems with leaks.

Nitzanah;331748 said:
Need help. My innovative marine nano nuvo 16 started leaking today!
its a fast drip and I don't have any other tanks to place all my livestock in.

I mi just bought this damn brand new from Great White thing 4 months ago!! What do I do?
If I drain and clean it and replace silicon, won't that create new tank syndrome?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nitzanah

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks everyone! I called GWA this morning and left a message an Vince called me back. He said IM is aware of the nuvo16 having leak issues and are replacing them with the square 20gallon tanks. So as soon as Vince received confirmation from his rep at IM today I'll be able to swap my leaking 16g for a new 20g.

Thank you again everyone for your generous offers of loaner tanks!!!

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nitzanah;331771 said:
Thanks everyone! I called GWA this morning and left a message an Vince called me back. He said IM is aware of the nuvo16 having leak issues and are replacing them with the square 20gallon tanks. So as soon as Vince received confirmation from his rep at IM today I'll be able to swap my leaking 16g for a new 20g.

Thank you again everyone for your generous offers of loaner tanks!!!
Those new 20g are badass! Super low iron glass.

Nitzanah;331772 said:
Should I save an reuse my sand to help the new tank or put in new sand?
I would rinse it really well and reuse it.