New to me 58g build.

pidge

Angel Fish
After selling everything I had with my previous tanks, I realized I feel naked without an aquarium. So I have decided to get back into it. My girlfriend bought me a 58g off of Craigslist for my birthday. She has no idea what she just got herself in to!! This will be the first time in many many years that I am starting a tank from scratch. Given the experience that I now have it should turn out quite nice, I hope.

Here is what I have planned so far. I will be using 2 maxspect p led modules for my lighting. I will have a 30g sump/fuge for filtration with a reef octopus xp1000 cone skimmer. I plan on using the bulk reef supply 2 part system on dosing pumps. And hopefully I can manage to get my hands on a mp40 or 20 and eventually I would like to set up a Neptune systems apex controller. For a return pump I will be using a blue line.

I am just not starting on the stand and canopy. Here is what I have so far. It's just the slab that I will be using to cut into veneers.

I hope I can plan and design a very nice system. I have always wanted the clean look that soooo many people have!!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tagging along. Can't wait.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet! Excited to see your stand... You going to run an open top?

pidge

Angel Fish
KhensuRa;166802 said:
Sweet! Excited to see your stand... You going to run an open top?
Thanks! I'm excited to start to build it. I am going to be building a canopy for it as well. Hopefully I will have enough material to grain match the canopy with the stand but we shall see.

pidge

Angel Fish
rockys_pride;166844 said:
Awesome. Have you seen the maxspects in action? I'm waiting for the razr model to come out, looks cleaner, and it doesn't look like a transformer.
I have seen them in operation and I don't really like the look of them as well but for the price I think they are worth it. I really wanted to do 2 radions but couldn't justify spending that much money on them.