Nicky J's Reefer 250

I had great luck with a six line wrasse for controlling those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got myself a little sixline today hopefully he helps I'm seeing less of them after target siphoning the montis I know they are eating the past two weeks of water changes. Also the staff at Aquatic art let me know they struggle with these pests too confirming my suspicions that I likely picked them up there.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Best of luck! Mine did well on the nudis, and it’s just a cool pretty fish anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Did the new lid fit okay?

What do you guys do when the fast growers like montis are taking over? This is my first time getting multiple years into an SPS tank and even with periodic fragging they are overwhelming my other corals. Is my only real option to frag these two green corals and move them?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Other options, although maybe not the best option, is to just watch the war for space play out.
But ultimately you likely will need to remove the fast growers at some point and replace with some slower ones. Overtime though it inevitable that one coral will end up dominating and taking over. In the end though corals are always at war for space, even in the wild, and overtime they either stand their ground to hold their territory, overgrow their neighbors or get overgrown by them instead.
In our tanks we are the designated caretakers and as such, we can choose to try and referee the situation the best we can or you can watch it play out