Pom Pom Crab Thread

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pom Pom crabs have to be one of the most fascinating inverts to watch. Hopefully others with these little guys will share some experiences they've had with them on this thread.
Supposedly they are supposed to be a reclusive species, but mine seem to come out all the time. I have two in a 40 gallon breeder (1 female and 1 male....I think). They both always come out for feedings and are visible (most the time) during the day. Unfortunately they don't seem to want to hang out together. Both cruise the tank and don't seem to have a problem with one another. I target feed them both and it's a hoot to watch them run out shaking their poms. They usually retreat to eat or hang like spiders swaying their poms.
The female has molted and has had two batches of eggs. I had a National Geographic moment the other evening watching her for about an hour release her eggs. The clowns loved having a late night snack. After doing some reading it looks like even though the eggs were alive it is very slim that they will live. Thanks for reading my thread ;)

Video https://www.facebook.com/v/10151094314615966">