Reef Safe Gloves? Latex? Nitrile?

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey all!
Working on the new build I got sloppy with the saw and now have a slightly-bigger-than-small injury on my hand.
Not a problem a week from now...but was needing to do maint and a water change. Don't want to dip it, so was wondering if anyone had used latex gloves (leery of what might leech out of them) or nitrile gloves maybe?
Anyone had any experience in this situation?
Thanks
Dave

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wouldn't use latex because of the powder they put in them.

Go with Nitrile or just some "medium duty" rubber gloves from the store. I use basically dishwashing gloves for my tank when I'm fragging...the little grips on the fingers are helpful.

When i get an injury playing in the tank, i usually liberally apply some sort of antibiotic cream but not sure it helps. Even the smallest nicks turn into throbbing pain for days, so +1 on whatever gloves you pick. I have cheap pink ones from safeway, when i remember to wear them lol. I swear my palys put out preemptive strikes of toxins when they see me come in the front door.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good_GReef;285925 said:
When i get an injury playing in the tank, i usually liberally apply some sort of antibiotic cream but not sure it helps. Even the smallest nicks turn into throbbing pain for days, so +1 on whatever gloves you pick. I have cheap pink ones from safeway, when i remember to wear them lol. I swear my palys put out preemptive strikes of toxins when they see me come in the front door.
+1 on the gloves with palys. That was funny about them watchin for you.

kyuubichan218

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have used nitrile gloves before without any reactions from my tank. They still fill up with water though, so I only used them when fragging zoas.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for all the input guys! I think I am going to use Nitrile Gloves with a rubber band to really keep the water off that cut.
Happy new year to you all!