ReefCheif's75gal Build (150 total)

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Alright, 12:30 at night and I finally have a minute to get this thread going. This will be for my 75gal RR w/ 75gal sump/fuge. I will add more picks and details as the build progresses, but i wanted to get these up

First off, I know Ive already said this, but none of this would be possible without the help and generosity of Mike and Cindy, its becasue of them this is happening, and with that said, here is the custom stand Mike built for me and Cindy stained and the tank we threw on top

View attachment 16061

The stand is 43" tall with one huge single access door. The height was key to allow for my sump and skimmer to fit underneath, being in an apartment saving space is key and with that in mind Mike went a step further and added a 6" bar top around the base of the tank

View attachment 16062

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
The tank itself is fully filled, however Im about 10 gallons short from finishing with filling the sump, so pumps are not running yet, but will be tomorrow morning. Ive also completed the rock stack but the water was a bit too murkey for me to get a good pic. More to come tomorrow!!!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
All plumbed up as well

[attachment=65219:name]

Went the easy and simple rout, nothing fancy here!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
MAGIC!

I made a leeder out of an acrylic tube, fabricated a hook on both ends and viola, free floating filter sock. One hook attaches to the top of the stand and the other hooks onto th filter sock.

This is not the way the sump will be ran all the time, this is just for the initial set up, to help pull some of the debris out of the water.

Can't wait to see rock in! I just love that stand

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Heres the rock stack, not one piece touching glass or return!

[attachment=65220:name]

Its full of water, pumps are on, this bad boy is cycling. Im hoping to have the canopy done tonight or tomorrow so I can get the lights in it and above the tank, I really want to see how this looks under the LEDs

I like all the swimming space and nooks

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks guys, I tried to keep it as open as possible for my fish while trying to have as much area for corals too. It looks alot better in person, and Im sure it will look even better once I get the lights on.

I gotta say, I think the build, more specifically building the rock stack is my absolute favorite part of this hobby. Maybe i should get into installation.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Top notch all the way around Josh!!!! The stand is freaking amazing and I love the single door, 75g sump and the height is awesome too!!! Now for the rock work.......Its awesome awesome, awesome!!!!! Good work man!!!

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is pretty sick. I can't wait to get mine started. Looking forward to seeing this in person today.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
CRW Reef;273541 said:
Top notch all the way around Josh!!!! The stand is freaking amazing and I love the single door, 75g sump and the height is awesome too!!! Now for the rock work.......Its awesome awesome, awesome!!!!! Good work man!!!
Thanks Chad, that means alot coming form you, Ive always admired your tank!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Mccoc033;273543 said:
That is pretty sick. I can't wait to get mine started. Looking forward to seeing this in person today.
And you shall. I dont have the lights on it yet, but the water is clear and looking good. Ill show you my temporary set ups in the back room too if your interested, you can see all my coral and fish.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Heres the funny part, even with the taller stand, the 75 is still shorter and easier to get into than the 180 was!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Think we needed an update.

I got the canopy finished up yesterday, going to mount the lights in it tonight and get it fired up, so Ill have some new pix to come.

I also did a 20 gallon water change last night and checked levels, Everything is at 0 so I threw a couple peppermint shrimp in the tank in hopes they can deal with the few aptasia that made it through the move.

Checked the peps this monring, both are doing just fine. I will begin to add corals in the next few days and then fish.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Time for some pics.

Heres the inside of the canopy painted all nice white and shiny to better help reflect the lights. Canopy is nothing special, and temporary. I used extra material laying around and literally spent $16 building this. I plan on building one that better matches the style of the stand down the road.

[attachment=65264:name]

And heres the exterior after one coat of paint

[attachment=65265:name]