ReefCheif's75gal Build (150 total)

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Heres a shot with the canopy on the tank and some lighting inside.

The lighting that will be run is going to be 2 - 120w chinese LED panels and 3 - 48" T5 actinics, theres only one LED on this shot, other LED is over the frag tank where all the coral currently is

[attachment=65266:name]

I went with the cheaper LEDs for now as a tester. Ive always been a MH guy and have held on to the MH set up form the 180, this way if I dont like the LEDs I can swap em out, and if I do like them I can upgrade later. I can say now that all the coral in the temp frag tanks are responding very well to the LED I have hanging over them and Im liking the looks and growth that Im seeing

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Once the lights had been on for a bit I found this little guy poking out of some rock. Little green hairy mushroom. He was about 1" when I snapped this and had opened to about 2" by the time the lights went out. Good sign the levels are doing good

[attachment=65267:name]

Lookin good - I like the canopy very much. I've found with my led that some things are responding well, and some things hate it. My zoas all pretty much like it, and I see good growth on them, except my Captain Americas which have been shriveldy (yes, I made that word) from day one of LED acclimation. I very slowly acclimated everything from T5 to LED for months, both in light level and time. Although I love the 'pop' of my LED's, I will be using them with something else on my next tank, either T5 or MH, just because my nems seemed to enjoy the T5 and MH much more. Right now, since I stupidly down-sized, I have no room for anything but my LED on top.

I've heard people have great growth from LED's, so who knows. Can't wait to see more pics!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Figured this was way over due for an update now that the tank is back to having stock in it. Heres some coral photos

[attachment=65571:name]

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
And some more

[attachment=65576:name]

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
And yet some more

[attachment=65581:name]

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I made a nice video as well, but my computer uses a program called Play Memories for photos and videos and i cannot figure out how to get the video from there to here

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
YouTube the video and post a link here. See if that works.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Heres the video, hope this works. Just so this is clear, the video was taken just after I fed, hense the pump being off and stuff floating in the water.

[video=youtube;ApPKRCn_PSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApPKRCn_PSA&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Bajamike;281881 said:
wow how did I miss this post. Looking good josh
Thanks Mike, its coming along, now its time to get started on another build!!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
The kiddo got a tank, same size as mine. LOL, gonna be starting his very soon.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you pause your video at 50 seconds and look at the center zoa can you see the face in the middle of it?

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Off The Deep End;281902 said:
If you pause your video at 50 seconds and look at the center zoa can you see the face in the middle of it?

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk
Thats funny, how did you see that?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
SkyDiv3r17;281903 said:
Very sweet! Hows the flame angel doin? Being naughty or not? lol
I have had the flame and the coral beauty for almost a year now. Both came out of the 180 and have been model citizens since day one. Not one single issue.